- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: EdTech
- Post Date: 11/16/2023
- Website: empowerly.com
- Company Address: 2261 Market Street, #4555, San Francisco, California 94114, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About EmpowerlyWe empower students to become the most successful version of themselves with personalized college & career guidance.
The Account Executive will share Empowerly's diverse products and services with families by developing an understanding of the students’ needs and goals, educating them on Empowerly’s counselors and platform, and developing solutions that will help them explore opportunities to be accepted to their top choice colleges. We are looking for someone with solutions-based sales experience and a demonstrated track record of exceeding goals.
This role is key to Empowerly’s success and offers significant career growth opportunities in the sales, growth marketing teams. The Account Executive will be responsible for identifying, developing, closing, and on-boarding new Empowerly families. It is incumbent on the Account Executive to achieve sales goals by identifying, nurturing, and enrolling new clients. The successful Account Executive will also work cross-functionally to refine and develop pipelines and provide feedback to the growth marketing organization on improving sales leads, automations, and programs to drive incremental revenue.
- Document and manage complete sales cycles, from qualifying inbound leads to selling Empowerly’s suite of solutions (8+ products and services) to families, and accurately forecast your sales pipeline
- Work both independently and collaboratively as part of various teams within your assigned areas, win business, and reach sales goals
- Turn prospects into loyal clients and raving fans of Empowerly
- Deepen relationships across the Empowerly family
- Serve as a trusted advisor, partner, and ambassador to your clients, internal partners, and overall network while demonstrating grace under pressure and high ethical standards
- Build relationships, live with integrity, and deliver on promises...every time
- Drive revenue to achieve aggressive monthly targets (10-20% MoM growth)
- Track all deals data in Hubspot (deal source, close time, etc) to understand the best sales
- Business Travel as Needed for Team Building, Quarterly Sales Alignment, etc.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required
- Proven Winner: You have an impressive track record of prospecting for leads, closing sales and winning clients. You are a demonstrated top performer and overachiever. You are hungry and driven to succeed.
- Positive Self-Starter: You have an upbeat, persistent style and the ability to cold call (when necessary), manage your time well, and can present your ideas in a clear professional manner on paper, in-person, and over the phone. You are highly self motivated and maintain high levels of daily activity and follow up.
- Learning Agility: You are a fast learner, coachable, works well with other team members
- Interpersonal Skills: You are personable, empathetic, and enjoy helping parents and students succeed
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: You thrive in fast paced environments - Empowerly is a high-growth, start up
- Sales Experience: You have 2 - 5 years of quota-carrying, outside business-to-consumer or relevant business to business sales experience (SaaS, Education, Business, Software Sales, etc.), and are well-versed in the Full-Cycle sales process, from lead sourcing, discovery, consultation, nurturing to close, to constant follow-up to close
- Tech Savvy: You embrace SaaS Platforms, Hubspot, Salesforce, G Suite (Slides, Sheets, Docs) etc.; comfortable working in Google Sheets, and working with multiple monitors
- Confidently Courageous: You embrace opportunities, take risks, and challenge the status quo
- Possess previous startup industry experience and large company experiences
- Experience with Hubspot and CRM tools
- Experience in the higher education space, particularly top 25 universities
- BA/BS or advanced degree
EMPOWERLY SALES, MARKETING, AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CHARACTERISTICS
- Believes in our mission and cares about what we’re trying to achieve
- Excellent communicator – written, oral, in-person
- Analytical. can find meaning in numbers, and be a data-driven decision-maker
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Adept at learning web-based tools
- Resourceful. Figures out how to achieve results creatively with finite resources. Can identify most fruitful sales strategies
- Thrives in a nimble, lean, unstructured, fast-paced startup
- Works collaboratively and energetically
- Delights in delighting customers
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards. Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, polite and respectful of others
- Ability to have and debate an opinion, but with maturity to present a unified front once a decision is made
- Quick to respond to customers and adapt to change. Ability to work flexible hours as needed, possibly on weekends if necessary
- An undying commitment to personal growth and development
- Mission Driven at Heart
The Account Executive role is a full-time, exempt position working remotely. The Account Executive will also be eligible for additional commission and bonus compensation governed by the commission program.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick days, and a 401k. In addition to our tangible benefits, Empowerly provides our people the opportunity to learn and grow within a supportive team environment.