We’re looking for a proactive and enthusiastic qualified Company Secretary with a minimum of 4 years experience to join our growing Company Secretariat within Legal in London. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on TransferWise’s mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to help establish and grow the Company Secretariat as TransferWise grows.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Company Secretariat:
- You will provide a full governance service to the TransferWise Group and subsidiaries
- You will have a key role in building the Company Secretariat
- You will ensure that the TransferWise meets its legal and regulatory obligations while developing and maintaining governance standards
- You will be involved in significant cross team projects
- You will manage the relationships with key external stakeholders
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across TransferWise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Grow as a leader – Help us build the team and inspire them to join our mission
- Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- You’ll be a ICSA qualified Company Secretary with minimum 4 years experience
- You’ll have solid experience ideally gained in Financial Services
- You’ll be good at keeping up with latest changes/developments in governance
- You can work independently as well as in a team
- You like to proactively challenge processes and can think of pragmatic solutions
- You enjoy having a varied workload, that will range from core company secretarial activity, managing international subsidiaries to advising on Group matters
- You have experience in working in a complex organisation with a variety of stakeholders
- You have good working knowledge of relevant regulation/legislation applicable for a large financial services organisation
- You enjoy challenges and variety
Some extra skills that would be great:
- You are good with Excel and Powerpoint
- You are comfortable presenting
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.