The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE’s major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement. This role requires a solid grasp of how to scale Lean and Agile practices and understand the unique opportunities and challenges associated with facilitating and continuously aligning a large development program.
· Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART using various tools
· Track and manage all deliverables
· Clear obstacles for the team
· Establish an environment where the team can be effective
· Address team dynamics
· Facilitate PI Planning events
· Protect the team from outside interruptions and distractions
· Facilitate the spirit of the process (i.e. transparency, ensuring that program information is current, and impediments are eliminated)
· Support teams in problem identification and decision-making
· Create an environment of mutual influence
· Understand and empathize with others
· Encourage and support the personal development of each individual and the development of teams
· Coach people with powerful questions rather than use authority
· Think beyond day-to-day activities; apply systems thinking
· Support the teams’ commitments
· Be open and appreciate openness in others
· Thorough knowledge of Scaled Agile Project Management framework and application of principles in managing multiple projects
· Thorough knowledge and experience of Scrum
· 5-7 years’ experience supporting technical projects, such as software development and delivery, in an Agile environment
· Experience managing scrum of scrum teams
· Experience in successfully delivering medium/large size programs with minimal direction
· Strong presentation skills as well as good written/oral skills
· Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workloads
· Ability to transfer knowledge to staff with different backgrounds, educational experiences and learning styles
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Excellent telephone and customer service skills
· Strong knowledge of MS Office products, Visio or similar
· Bachelor’s Degree
· SAFe RTE certification
- Travel requirements to (primarily) domestic destinations should not exceed 20%.
- A standard work week exists but with the understanding that additional time/effort outside of the usual parameters can/will occur based upon the overall needs, where deadlines exist and when necessary.
- A standard business environment exists with moderate noise levels.
- Ability to lift and move approximately thirty (30) pounds on a non-routine basis.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Zelis is a healthcare and financial technology growth company and market-leading provider of claims cost management and payments optimization solutions to price, pay and explain healthcare claims. Zelis delivers integrated network analytics, network solutions, payment integrity, electronic payments and claims communications for payers, healthcare providers and consumers in the medical, dental and workers' compensation markets nationwide. Zelis is backed by Parthenon Capital Partners and Bain Capital.