At EngageSmart, we are experts at simplifying engagement. Through our business units we operate across multiple industries, improving customer experiences with our SaaS software platforms. We live our values, right down to our organizational structure. At EngageSmart, we put the people who are most crucial to our ongoing success, our customers, first. Our senior management is at the bottom of our organization, but their higher purpose of giving back and spirit of fun bubbles up throughout our organization. Our business units include: DonorDrive, the fundraising platform that turns everyday people into powerful fundraisers for your cause; HealthPay24, the patient payment platform that’s better for everyone; Invoice Cloud, SaaS solutions that simplify e-billing and digital payments resulting in the highest e-adoption; IVR Technology Group, voice and text automation that delights your customers; and SimplePractice, the practice management platform for health and wellness professionals.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, EngageSmart seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups we are building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
Our Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across EngageSmart. The team consists of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue Operations, and Business Operations. The Finance team partners across all business units to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans.
As a Billing Specialist you are responsible for ensuring accurate and timely billing of our customer accounts, reviewing sales contract for billing and revenue implications, contract entry into the billing system and invoice creation and analysis. In addition, you will ensure that billing is set up to meet Revenue Recognition and other Accounting policies and drive process improvements.
This role works as a member of the Accounting team, and collaborates closely with Sales, Revenue, and the wider Accounts Receivable team.
First 30 days
- Gain an understanding of the Company’s accounting processes, systems, standard timelines, and business practices
- Learn the systems Finance group is using
- Shadow to learn billing process
First 90 days
- Work on billing
- Read and interpret contract
- Document the billing process
- Continue to gain an understanding of the Company’s accounting processes, systems, standard timelines, and business practices
First 180 days
- Own billing
- Timely audit of Customer Accounts & review of account set up to ensure accuracy and completeness of billing information
- Address AR inbox queries from customers
- Address Chargebacks/Reject questions from payment processors
- Prepare and review write-offs
- Ensure timely collection of receivables and application of credit amounts
- Cash application & Collection activities
- Prepare and assist in account reconciliations
- Support the month end and year end closing process
- Own all of billing
- Address all help desk queries
- Monthly audit of customer accounts
- Prepare journal entries and assist in revenue recognition and analysis
- Assist in Audits
- Perform ad-hoc projects
Who You Are:
- Able to handle and process a high volume of electronic bills per month
- Able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, effectively prioritize multiple tasks
- High attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- A self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to anticipate work needs; proactive in identifying Ebilling/Accounting issues and providing solutions
Who We Seek:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Accounting qualifications
- 4+ years’ experience within accounting/billing environment,
- Experience with NetSuite or other large ERP systems. Experience with Zuora or other large billing systems is a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Understanding of GAAP and Audit concepts and requirements.
- Interest and aptitude to work with high volume of data processing. Able to function independently as well as with a team effectively.
- Well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to discern alternatives and make objective recommendations, understand how to effectively work with other business groups to accomplish goals.
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Oral and written communication skills to interact with upper levels of management.
- PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast –paced, dynamic setting.
- Ability to work in multiple systems and quickly move from one system to another.
EngageSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EngageSmart provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: EngageSmart does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job’s alias, employees, or any other organization location. EngageSmart is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.