Dexai is revolutionizing the food industry. Alfred, our robot sous-chef, combines a sleek, hygienic robot and with unique machine-learning algorithms to provide seamless and efficient automated food-preparation for our customers.
We are a team of hardworking and easygoing engineers, roboticists, and business professionals, and are looking for exceptional people who enjoy solving difficult problems and want to teach robots how to make food.
Dexai is looking for a Robotics Software Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has experience in writing software and control algorithms, with a good high-level understanding of the mechanical side of robotic systems. You will write the code which runs the robot. Everything that Alfred does is controlled by your algorithms. If you want to feed millions of happy customers, this is the job where you can make it happen!
- A team of experienced engineers and roboticists from both academia and industry, who love teaching as much as they love learning
- An idea meritocracy, always looking for ways to improve our system
- We utilize robot arms equipped with RGBD sensors to apply various ML techniques like Reinforcement Learning to novel problems
- Our code is primarily written in C++/Python
- 2 years of industry experience (4+ years for Senior) writing Python and/or C++ code; you write clean, efficient code that is written for others to understand
- Prior industry experience working with autonomous systems, developing motion control and planning algorithms for robots
- Comfort and familiarity with computer vision concepts
- Senior: Experience with calibrating robotic systems
- Good communications skills to work closely with our team of roboticists and machine learning engineers as we collaboratively evolve our software stack
- A strong sense of end-to-end ownership. You love delivering the full package under a “no task is too small” mentality
- A can-do attitude, recognizing that there are dozens of reasons why something can’t be done, and wanting to find the only way it can be done
You might also have:
- Master's or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. (equivalent work experience is good too!)
- Good familiarity with cloud-based architecture (AWS preferred); experience with the Docker ecosystem (Docker, Docker-compose)
- Managed CI/CD platforms (CircleCI, Jenkins, etc)
- Love for testing, simulation and experimentation for early-stage development; but a hacker mentality to get stuff into production
We welcome candidates from any location, and are open to remote roles.