Are you ready to join the API revolution?
Kong is looking for a talented Senior Accountant who is a self-starter and is ready to make an impact with a can-do attitude to join the Finance team. This role will be very hands-on in all aspects of accounting and will assist in a wide variety of projects as we scale. It will require excellent communication and organizational skills; the ability to work on cross-functional teams during the month-end close process, international accounting & consolidation, reporting and more. Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines consistently and the ability to work under pressure is a must.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare journal entries, reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure transactions are processed and reported in the company’s financial system in adherence to US GAAP
- Perform monthly financial statement fluctuation analysis
- Collaborate with FP&A team to ensure accuracy of financial statements; make recommendations to correct errors as appropriate.
- Ability to develop, drive, implement and execute process improvements to help streamline global month-end close process
- Help document accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist with technical accounting research with the ability to form conclusions and present findings
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to executives and external parties
- Assist in creating various support schedules for financial audits and various ad-hoc projects as needed
- Assist with daily cash application, A/P processing and responding to vendor inquiries
- Assist with reviewing expense reports within Expensify and enforcing company T&E policy
- Assist with customer billings and A/R collections
What you’ll bring:
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to keep the big picture in mind.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Results-focused, team-oriented and a strong work ethic.
- 4+ years of combined Accounting experience in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Big Four accounting experience is a plus
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- CPA preferred
- Experience with Netsuite, Expensify, Microsoft Excel, Salesforce
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP required