LendUp builds technology, credit products, and educational experiences for the 56% of the adults in the US, who are currently shut out of mainstream banking because of poor credit or volatile income. That’s a lot of hardworking, deserving people who we believe did not have good options, until now.
Our mission is to provide anyone with a path to better financial health. Being a socially responsible, machine learning-enabled financial services company is a big job, but we’re driven by the challenge. Now in our sixth year, we’re growing each and every day as we continue to bring our mission to life. Join our passionate team and help us turn our mission into a movement.
This position can be completely remote/virtual (work from home).
What we believe in:
- Craftsmanship. We take pride in what we build and how we do it.
- Pragmatism. We focus on work that drives business value and furthers our mission.
- Collaboration. Diverse viewpoints and strong teamwork leads to better solutions.
What we’re looking for:
- Architecture. You’re comfortable working with your team to craft robust distributed systems that achieve both short and long-term business goals.
- Influence. You work with your team, other engineering teams, and business stakeholders to help define technical strategies and design tactics to execute them.
- Coding. You’re hands-on and comfortable writing code. You keep up with best practices and have a breadth of experience with different languages and frameworks.
- Agile. You like working in an agile development environment. You know the trade-offs between scrum, kanban, xp, and other development methodologies.
- Mentoring. You have a passion for passing on your hard-earned experience to your team. You disseminate knowledge and strive to level up those around you.
- 8+ years of Software Engineering experience with Java, Clojure, or Python… or equivalent.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; continuous deployment, test-driven development, agile methodologies.
- Experience building robust, highly available, and scalable web services.
- Familiarity with building and deploying services in the cloud.
- Experience building consumer-facing products and a passion for using technology to improve the lives of our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Ability of debugging production issues across multiple web services and multiple levels of the stack.
LendUp has all of the things you’d expect, like a competitive salary; early stage equity; 100% company paid medical, dental and vision insurance; generous vacation/sick leave policy; catered, free lunch; fully stocked kitchens with free healthy snacks; and a 401(k) program.
But here’s what we really love about life at LendUp:
- We are driven by having a lasting impact on the world and knowing that our time is spent positively impacting the lives of others. We are strategists and doers, because we know that both matter when it comes to achieving our lofty mission.
- One of our values is Different Backgrounds, Same Mission. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment. We are passionate participants in our employee resource groups (LeanIn, LGBTQ & Allies, and Black Ladders) and have Slack channels dedicated to everything from philosophy to sports to hip-hop.
- We have fun together at our weekly happy hours, quarterly team building events, company-sponsored volunteerism, hackathons, and sports teams.
- Our dog-friendly Oakland, CA office.
LendUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition, or any other reason protected by law.