GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From São Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
This role will leverage the candidate’s software quality assurance and programming experience to help test the video rendering engine at the heart of the GoPro software ecosystem. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining backend test frameworks, writing API level integration tests for the engine, and supporting the continuous integration / continuous delivery process. You will work closely with the development team in our Paris office to ensure the quality of the engine component before and after integration into the GoPro mobile application on iOS and Android, and desktop applications on MacOS and Windows. The Senior QA Engineer will be proficient in Python and have experience creating and maintaining Jenkins pipelines.
- Help develop tools and tests for highly innovative professional desktop and mobile products
- Collaborate with other QA engineers and developers to help test new features
- Maintain and Improve the CI/CD pipeline
- Build, maintain, and enhance the backend test framework for the video rendering engine
- Generate detailed analysis and automated reports of product quality for distribution
- Use and test the GoPro camera as part of the software ecosystem
- Integrate with a global test team located in San Diego, Bucharest, and Paris
Skills We’re Stoked About
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience programming in Python. C++ language also a plus
- Experience with video encoding and decoding on mobile and desktop platforms
- Knowledge of mobile development and testing on iOS and Android
- Knowledge of desktop development and testing on MacOS and Windows
- 5+ Yrs Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Experience in creating automated test frameworks from scratch
- CI/CD and DevOps best practices
- Experience with build and test automation using Jenkins
- ISTQB certification
- Use of Git and Github
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and methodologies
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation / or LiveHealthy gym reimbursement
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.