Upstart is the leading AI lending platform partnering with banks to expand access to affordable credit. Forbes recently ranked Upstart #12 on its list of "most promising AI companies in America." Inc. Magazine also recognized Upstart as one of the Best Workplaces for 2020.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart is based in San Mateo, California and Columbus, Ohio.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
We have extremely high recruiting standards and are passionate about delivering an exceptional candidate experience.
As a Technical Recruiter at Upstart, you will help drive the growth of our world-class engineering team. As a Technical Recruiter, you will be responsible for the full recruitment life cycle, from initial outreach to offer, negotiation, and closing stages. This role requires someone who is passionate about sourcing and recruiting only the very best.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Partner with Engineering leaders to design a tailored recruiting strategy, as well as finding the niche talents in limited talent pools
- Identify and manage candidates throughout the hiring process, from initial contact through offer accept
- Guide the hiring decision by critically reviewing feedback, provide compensation guidance, and drive close process while staying objective through the offer stages
- Proactively share data-centric updates with internal stakeholders
- Understand our broader business and be able to effectively answer questions around Upstart’s strategy, goals, and culture
- Ensure a seamless, uniform, high touch stellar candidate experience throughout the process
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of technical recruiting experience, preferably in a fast-paced tech company
- Active and data driven approach to problem solving; you enjoy making sense of the trends and using the insights to better your process to make it more efficient
- Solid experience sourcing diverse talent through multiple creative channels (via LinkedIn Recruiter, Github, StackOverflow, Quora, etc.)
- Firm understanding of the software stack and how robust technologies are built and maintained
- Outstanding communication and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with stakeholders and connect with people of all levels
- Self-motivated and driven; an active learner excited to try new solutions, and quickly iterate to improve the way you do things. You see potential challenges as opportunities to learn and grow
- Experience closing senior and/or “hard to fill” roles and negotiating complex compensation packages
- Accustomed to multitasking, self-prioritizing and meeting tight deadlines
- Hardworking, organized, and have a stellar work ethic
- Must thrive and prioritize in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to think on your feet but with enough humility to ask questions
What you’ll love:
Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
Life insurance and disability benefits
Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
Generous vacation policy
Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.