Mission-driven LanzaTech is a revolutionary solution to climate change, capturing pollution to clean our skies and oceans and create new high value products for a sustainable future. LanzaTech captures pollution to make fuels and chemicals, including sustainable jet fuel and products you use every day. The technology is like retrofitting a brewery onto an emission source like a steel mill or a landfill site, but instead of using sugars and yeast to make beer, pollution is converted by biology to fuels and chemicals! Imagine a day when your plane is powered by recycled emissions, when your yoga pants started life as pollution from a steel mill. This future is possible using LanzaTech technology.
- 2020 Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the Advanced Bioecomony
- 2020 Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
- 2019 Chicago Innovation Awards Winner
- 2019 Fortune Magazine - Change the World - Companies to watch
- 2019 Kirkpatrick Chemical Engineering Achievement Award
- LanzaTech is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as part of our mission, culture & core values
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Sales Support Engineer to support LanzaTech’s Business Development and Sales pursuits. The individual selected for this position will play a critical role in supporting LanzaTech’s commercial project development, through preparation of process yield estimates, technical and commercial proposals and timely technical support to address customer queries and help accelerate customer decision making on commercial projects. This position will sit in the Business Development team and function to support Business Development but coordinate closely on all technical issues with both the Engineering Design Development and Engineering departments. This position is responsible for engaging all phases of technical sales support, including running process models for specific customer project opportunities, supporting and analyzing customer requests for technical information, and identifying opportunities for process integration and optimization. Being self-starter and fast learner is essential.
- Provide technical support to Business Development/Sales leaders for all phases of customer engagement.
- Analyze customer needs in consultation with BD leaders, Engineering Design Development and Engineering
- Generate optimal technical solutions for new and revamp projects to meet customer project objectives
- Coordinate with Engineering Design Development and Engineering to answer customer technical inquiries.
- General yield estimates and technical/commercial proposals to support commercial projects
- Work with third parties such as customer-based technical teams, contractors and industry consultants.
- Work closely with BD/Sales leaders on strategic approach for the commercial proposals
- Develop generic technical presentations to address various feedstock conversion opportunities
- In coordination with Engineering Design Development and Engineering, develop Feasibility studies to support commercial project activity
- Under guidance of sales leaders, directly handle certain customer accounts
- Develop and share best practices with other teams throughout the company.
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or similar field.
- 5 to 7 years of industry experience in areas that broadly include process & project engineering, technical and economic assessment of process technologies and process simulation/modeling
- Experience in the steel, refining, petrochemical industries or EPC firms, with roles in technology development, business development and/or marketing.
- Experience supporting international operations.
- Strong knowledge of chemical engineering processes.
- Detail-oriented and experienced in communicating instructions to other team members.
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Team player who thrives in a cutting-edge, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical, customer relations, and vendor relations skills.
- Proven project management and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to work with senior leaders and across functions.
- Prior experience as a Technical Sales Support Engineer or similar customer interactions in a licensing business.
- Strong knowledge of engineering cost models and project economics.
- Prior experience in generating and giving technical presentations to technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to travel up to 20%