Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully distributed company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
About the Role
The Senior Data Analyst will work closely with our Director of Data to lay the groundwork for a high impact Data Analytics function at our rapidly scaling company. Our team builds solutions to make data accessible. We provide analyses, recommendations, and reporting to a wide variety of stakeholders with the goal of achieving business level goals.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will help cultivate a data-informed culture and discover insights that drive action. You have experience solving complex problems and delivering solutions with real business impact.
What You’ll Do Here
- Initiate cross-functional analyses and present findings and recommendations across the organization
- Support company-wide metrics creation, alignment, and reporting to provide context and clarity through intuitive data definitions and structures
- Partner closely with Growth, Marketing, and Product teams to structure problems, measure impact, and develop analytical frameworks
- Aid in uncovering new opportunities that improve user experience and our company level KPIs, like user retention
- Collaborate with data engineering to build robust data pipelines and models
- Help to further develop the company’s data literacy
- Expert SQL skills with demonstrated ability to write efficient, complex queries
- Advanced Excel skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Ability to collect, interpret, and synthesize inputs from various parts of the business into technical requirements
- Methodical with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable acting as an individual contributor
- Experience mentoring junior analysts and guiding them to solutions
- Effective at communicating with non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with dbt, Looker, or Snowflake
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Experience working for a startup or other fast growth company
- Passion for mobile apps, education, wellness, and/or meditation practices
Benefits & Perks
- Fully remote environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
- Home office upgrade stipend
- Annual learning stipend
- Wellness/Fitness Subscription Box
Why Work at Elevate Labs?
- Do mission-driven work
- Skip the commute and enjoy the flexibility of working from home
- Develop your skills through of a wide variety of challenging and impactful projects
- Accelerate your career through rapidly increasing levels of ownership
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.