Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the systems testing of prototype eVTOL aircraft (hands-on aircraft testing)
- Collaborate with teams across the company to develop test plans, and execute on those plans for flight critical hardware
- Develop digital testing infrastructure (Google Suite, JIRA, etc.)
- Develop and procure complete testing setups for DO-160 environmental tests and design verification tests
- Analyze test data and share with engineering teams
- Coordinate the companywide systems testing program by creating schedules, highlighting risks, etc.
- Mentor junior test engineers
- Help grow the test team as the company evolves from prototyping to certification
What you need:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Proficient in DO-160 testing
- Experience with a wide variety of DAQ systems
- Experience with MATLAB and Python
- Experience with PLM systems
- Demonstrated project execution experience
- Hands-on experience in multiple technical fields
- Excellence in technical writing
- Positive can-do attitude
- Pilot and/or Aircraft experience
- Experience with high voltage systems: cars, aircraft, etc.
- Experience developing products from prototype to mass production
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.