OFX is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. We welcome conversations around flexible working arrangements for this role. Please indicate in the application questions what working arrangements would be your preference.
Hello. Nice to meet you. We’re OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services for our personal, business and partner customers. Since launching on Sydney’s Northern Beaches twenty years ago, OFX has grown to become a truly global company. We’re now trusted by customers all around the world and have grown to over 400 employees with offices in Sydney, London, San Francisco, Toronto, Auckland, Singapore and Hong Kong. We are a publicly-listed company, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX: ‘OFX’)
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with an experianced software development team
- Together with the tech leads and engineering team, help improve our coding practices while delivering code and participating in code reviews
- Work with the Engineering Manager and Tech Leads to drive design of our products and solutions
- Participate in design reviews and proof of concepts
- Contriute to solution design in line with our overall technical roadmap and industry best practice
- Actively provide appropriate leadership as part of the engineering team including mentorship and coaching
- Work collaboratively within the agile team to deliver user stories; owning stories to ensure they meet all functional and non-functional acceptance criteria
- Develop with a variety of platforms and technologies, such as Docker, Lambda, Fargate, Github Enterprise, DynamoDB and Teamcity.
- Learning and sharing knowledge with your colleagues through guilds, brown bags and workshops
- Contributing to our continuous improvement philosophy
What you’ll bring:
- 8 years + commercial .NET development required. Advanced knowledge of .NET architecture and framework.
- 1 years+ hands-on experience working with the AWS platform and Containers
- Experience with architectural design patterns and database modelling and design
- Prior experience in designing web-based, service-oriented applications and integrated back-office systems
- Excellent understanding of Agile development methodology and development practices such as TDD, Kanban, Lean, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Configuration Management
- Strong experience with unit testing and acceptance criteria frameworks
- Experience in distributed source control system (such as Git) required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to understand complex business processes and requirements
- Ability to contribute to the success of a high preforming team
- Willingness to contribute across functions and geographies to ensure the success of the team
- Desire to bring innovation to the solution development process
- High level of self-motivation to achieve the ultimate team and company success
- Ability to identify and follow the right course of action
- Takes commitments seriously, doesn’t let others down, follows through with responsibilities
- Experience working in a dynamic environment with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new methodologies and technologies