D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Proposal Manager will work in a high-impact, fast paced, deadline driven environment and will primarily be responsible for managing the response effort to sales proposals (e.g. RFPs, RFIs and RFQs) for both prospective and existing clients. This role will require excellent communication, time management, and project management skills. Successful candidates will have team orientation, adaptability, positive attitude, the ability to excel in a fast-paced position, and a willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Support D2L’s global Sales organization by managing the complete lifecycle of a proposal response from intake of the RFP and qualification of the opportunity through to submission.
- Facilitate bid qualification calls.
- Create and distribute project outlines that break out RFP requirements into section assignments for relevant project team members (direct and virtual) for completion.
- Facilitate a project kickoff call and regular status calls.
- Drive the creation of proactive / unsolicited proposals to help generate new business.
- Simultaneously project multiple RFP responses on tight schedules and under elevated pressure.
- Perform writing and editing duties to ensure proposal responses are compliant, clear, consistent, have marketing impact, and are error-free.
- Work cross functionally with SMEs within the organization to create responses for proposals while maintaining a technical understanding of D2L product and service offerings.
- Review, edit, and provide guidance on the creation of cover letters, executive summaries, and other key parts of proposals.
- Enforce approved style guidelines and ensure a consistent look and feel of all outgoing proposals.
- Facilitate proposal reviews.
- Support all activities related to the assembly, production, and delivery of a compliant proposal on time, in the format(s) specified.
- Work with other Proposal team members to create and improve best practices that ensure the RFP process is successful and efficient.
- Train the Sales organization on proposal topics and best practices as assigned.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with relevant areas of the business to help strengthen partnerships and success within the team.
- Advise management on proposal matters
- Ensure that all bids reflect proposal best practices.
- Make recommendations related to value proposition
- Facilitate early strategy calls to help influence future RFPs
- Special projects as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role in a fast-paced, high volume proposal writing environment.
- Direct proposal management experience in high-tech industry is preferred.
- Direct experience with Federal government bids.
- APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professionals) certification or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, CRM and Adobe applications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Experience writing proposals for education or other key verticals an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technical Writing, English, Communications, or Journalism
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Stock options
- Healthy snacks
- Gym on site
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Thanks for reading the full job profile – hope you are now ready to apply! We are excited to meet you.