Lightmatter builds chips for artificial intelligence computing. Our architecture leverages unique properties of light to enable fast and efficient inference and training engines. If you're a collaborative engineer or scientist who has a passion for innovation, solving challenging technical problems and doing impactful work...work like building the world's first optical computers, consider joining the team at Lightmatter!
We are seeking a motivated and dedicated digital design engineer to help develop an ASIC for the next-generation artificial intelligence computing architecture alongside a team of world-class scientists and engineers.
- Understand application of the accelerator, proposing and developing improvements in overall digital architecture design
- Develop RTL (i.e. system Verilog) modules with DFT considerations for an ASIC
- Debug complex logic simulations
- Generate documentation for modules, including functionality and timing
- Actively collaborate with photonics and analog design teams to design devices that meet electrical and optical requirements
- Work closely with software teams on functionality, interfaces, and documentation