Shift Technology is reinventing insurance claims automation and fraud detection with AI. We help insurers fully automate more claims, deliver a great customer experience while protecting against risk, and accurately identify suspected claims fraud, making investigative teams more effective and reducing fraud losses.
Since our launch in 2014 in Paris, we've raised over $100M with Tier 1 investors, opened offices in Boston, Tokyo, Singapore, London, Madrid, Zurich, and Hong Kong, and currently work with more than 80 insurers globally. If you are excited about joining a fast-growing insurtech innovator with a passion for excellence and global culture, Shift is the place for you.
Are you looking for an internship where you can get strong programming skills and discover real-life problems? Come and join the French Insurtech leader to change the insurance world with A.I.!
This position is for you if you are looking for an end-of-studies internship to complete your degree, and are interested in a permanent position if you think Shift is the right place to start!
As a member of the data science team, and working alongside our technical experts, your role will be key to improve and roll-out our Fraud Detection solution and Claim Automation solutions to our clients.
Your day-to-day will include :
- Work closely with our clients to understand their needs and their feedback to improve our product, with new ideas to detect fraud or to automate the claims
- R&D for product development and innovation (through supervised and unsupervised learning, image analysis, NLP, trend analysis, chatbots, graph analysis, etc.)
- R&D for product development and innovation (through machine learning, image analysis, NLP, web crawling)
- Be in charge of the whole process for Fraud Detection/Claim Automation with a customer: Set-up and deployment in production the data processing pipelines, data cleansing, design and calibration of the fraud detection models, etc.
- Assist the sales team with demos for prospects
- When it's the right time, train the junior Data Scientist
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You have an Engineering background/Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research (a knowledge in machine learning and/or Big Data is a plus)
- You have experience in object-oriented programming and desire to write quality production code
You combine strong analysis with synthesis abilities and are not afraid to deal with the details
You are comfortable with clients-facing
You are fluent in English and German, and ideally in another European language (e.g. French)
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Nice office in central Paris
- International environment (we have more than 37 nationalities represented at Shift!)
- Healthcare, Lunch card and public transportation sponsorship
- Healthy seasonal basket fruits and cereals
- Welcome drinks / Team building events
- Workshop and training