The Product Support Engineer will work with customers remotely to install, configure the cluster, perform troubleshooting and repairs. During the process, special attention and effort will be placed on the customer experience with a focus on resolving the customer issues in a timely fashion; ensuring clarity and continual communication throughout the process; and providing a positive support experience to the customer.
What You Will Be Doing
- Analyze client operating systems to identify complex hardware and software bugs, glitches and other non-performance issues such as network and storage configuration
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes
- Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations, including installing or upgrading hardware or software
- Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or computer or network hardware
- Train system users in system operation or maintenance
- Provide customers or installation teams guidelines for implementing secure systems
- Determine operating solutions and technical support for novel, non-standard software appliance and cluster configurations issues, operating systems, pod definition files, Kubernetes, Docker, or Diamanti software application issue.
- Conduct advanced technical troubleshooting to determine what component is failing – whether it is a hardware or software component
- Monitoring the customer’s system and performing required actions to fix technical alert notifications such as service and hardware failures
- Communicate with customers and apply remote analytical and solution tools to remediate the issues
- Work directly with software and hardware engineering who develop and design the products as needed, in order to fix Diamanti product bugs or other issues that may need additional support
Requirements – Must Have
- A bachelor degree in computer science or 5+ years of industry experience
- At least 1 to 3 years of experience that must include:
- Linux (preferable Red Hat) administration
- Knowledge of networking, VLANs and subnetting
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Requirements – Nice to have
Experience with the following technologies:
- Storage networking
- Shell scripting
- Virtualization technologies like KVM