Behind the scenes, health systems have hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of different systems that must communicate with one another. At WELL, we connect with the systems in the hospital that need to communicate to patients; the team responsible for doing so is our Integration team.
WELL is looking for a talented Senior Integration Engineer to join the team. You will work directly alongside a team of integration and platform engineers under the direction of our Senior Integration Manager. We are looking for an engineer that enjoys a balance of deep technical work and working with clients, all while keeping a focus on improving the patient experience. Our team is passionate about reducing technical debt, optimizing our deployment processes, and ensuring our customers have a great experience with our technical teams.
As a member of this team you will:
- Scope and deploy new integrations with clients
- Support and maintain existing client integrations
- Identify and eliminate technical debt in the system
- Improve and create process that allows the team to operate more effectively
- Leverage our integration engine and cloud platform to investigate, diagnose, and solve customer integration issues.
- Assist in monitoring the health of the integration platform, proactively working to remediate problems which will impact system performance, message delivery, or availability.
- Effectively communicate technical issues with clients in non-technical language.
- Develop solutions to integrations bugs.
- Bring Mid-Market and Enterprise client integrations live. Includes scoping, developing, testing, and deploying integrations to our clients.
- Work with account managers and client support to ensure all customer integrations are stable.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science, math, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a healthcare integration engineering role
- 1+ years of experience in a client-facing technical role
- Strong software engineering skills and knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Deep experience in at least one programming language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and logical reasoning skills
- A passion for managing data and connecting systems
- Experience with the Mirth Integration Engine
- Experience with AWS, particularly Lambda Functions, API Gateway, and SQS