We’re revolutionizing tech hiring by giving companies a skills-based hiring platform that allows them to effectively assess technical skills. We're a friendly, motivated, and passionate group looking for more smiling faces to join us. We’re growing fast and looking to add to our Engineering team. This position is full-time and based in Bangalore.
You are excited to make an impact over millions of fellow developers and enjoy building products with a large scale. We’re responsible for building the world’s leading technical interview platform. We believe in “Extreme ownership” and you’ll have immense ownership both in terms of product and engineering.
Your work will have a direct impact on the lives of millions of developers as you build the platform for them to showcase their skills and get hired. You will be responsible for building systems that back the projects product-line.. As part of this, you will need to build a platform to provide world-class developer experience (Coding editor, Autocomplete, Linting, Ability to run code easily, etc) on the cloud at scale. We periodically conduct hiring events across the entire country and you will be responsible to scale our platform to support that. Along with all of this, as a lead developer you will also be responsible for mentoring developers, setting the engineering standards across the org and leading some of our internal cross team tech initiatives.
You will be working on:
- As a lead software engineer, you will be expected to execute and deliver even large and complex projects end-to-end, with or without the involvement of other team members.
- Be the go-to person for the team for guidance and troubleshooting.
- Proactively participate in code reviews and architecture and design discussions.
- Working with the product team in helping define the scope of solutions, and limitations to build around.
- Ensuring timely delivery of all product deliverables.
- Mentoring junior engineers and setting best practices for coding, code reviews, etc.
- Ensuring performance and scalability in all new product features being developed.
We are looking for:
- Overall of 6+ years expertise in at least one dynamic programming language and one MVC web framework, preferably Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in building out large/key projects and products from scratch.
- Expertise in Database modelling, preferably relational DB, spotting DB bottlenecks and writing optimized DB queries.
- Expertise in all common AWS Cloud technologies, Knowledge of CI/CD tools and workflows.
- Proven track record in building highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
Nice to have: (optional)
- Knowledge of the technical interview process, and how roles like backend/frontend/devops engineers are vetted.
- It is good to have knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker and related deployment technologies.