Who We Are
Authentic Brands Group (ABG) is a brand development, marketing and entertainment company, which owns a portfolio of global media, entertainment and lifestyle brands. ABG elevates and builds the long-term value of more than 50 consumer brands and properties by partnering with best-in-class manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. We are committed to transforming brands by delivering compelling product, content, business and immersive experiences. We create and activate original marketing strategies to drive the success of our brands across all consumer touchpoints, platforms and emerging media.
You’ll be able to access the resources and scale, while leveraging innovative technology and nimble environment. What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to drive ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat. Our team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future of our brands. With the help of some of the brightest minds in retail, marketing, licensing, legal and more, we are building the intersection of digital and experiential marketing to help achieve that mission. We reimagine, evolve and transform brands!
What You’ll Do
The VP of Business Development is responsible for the overall business development, management and strategy of ABG’s owned brands. You must be able to identify potential strategic opportunities, sell the vision and work the deal in order to bring it to fruition. You will spearhead business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy and goals; including revenue generation and strategic partnerships development and management.
What you’ll be working on
- Strategize directly with SVP, EVP and Brand partners on identifying and vetting category and product opportunities.
- Hire and train new Business Development reps.
- oach and mentor a team. Develop, review and report on the business development division strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the team
- Strategize on key accounts with SVP & EVP and Brand partners.
- Perform field work – partner visits, walking retail, and monitoring, researching competing brands.
- Confidently and independently develop and sell brand ideas internally to balance revenue goals with brand DNA.
- Check and manage daily/weekly sales activity and results.
- Monitor CRM reporting and accuracy.
- Strategize directly with reps on opportunities in-play.
- Create thinking and proven ability to deliver presentations and business plans
- 7+ years’ experience in a commission and sales target driven quota position
- Extensive background working independently with decision makers to close complex deals of significant size.
- Proven track record of managing a high performing sales development team that hits goal
- Background in fashion, consumer goods, or entertainment.
- Prior experience developing and closing new business
- High attention to detail, accuracy and organization
- Passionate on consumer-focused thinking and ideation; creatively developing new business ideas.
- Strong orientation for action and results
- Ability to target expected performance metrics, personal results
· Ability to clearly and concisely outline protocols for sales cycle management, tactics for handling objections, and approach to finding qualified leads and advancing them through the pipeline.
What you should have:
- Intellectual Acumen: I can “figure things out” capable dealing with concepts and complexity comfortably.
- Resourcefulness: keep solving new problems and set high goals and stop at nothing to achieve them.
- Competitiveness: high performance driven and instills that desire in others.
- Leadership: make things happen while simultaneously establishing and building strong relationships. Attention to Detail: Executes methodically and with precision when following up and organizing/managing pipeline.
- Persistence: can rise to challenges.
- Positivity: Remains upbeat and a team player; takes accountability for misses and moves on. Ambitious: Bold, innovative and driven to succeed
- Teamwork: Shares information, feedback and support with the team to grow the business and help everyone succeed.