Passionate about software engineering and Java? You are excited to solve challenging problems and build cool software that is used on billions of devices? Join our Java team!
We develop the successful open source project ProGuard and the cutting-edge security product DexGuard. Using compiler technology and obfuscation, encryption and optimisation techniques we make Java and Android applications smaller, faster and more hardened against reverse engineering and tampering.
- Experience with Linux
- Interest in low level programming
- Interest in compiler technology (Java bytecode, complex application processing) or obfuscation or optimization technologies
- Interest in information security
- Experience with reverse engineering and the commonly used tools
- Familiarity with Android and the Android build tools: Gradle, ProGuard...
We are looking for a Master in Computer Science (or equivalent practical experience) with good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Guardsquare is a software product company with small international teams that solve challenging problems and create high quality products. You will be part of the team working on our open source product ProGuard, our commercial product DexGuard, and new products based on Java technology. This will give you a ton of opportunities to have a direct impact on the products, features and workflow. New techniques you come up with for the next wave of optimization and hardening could potentially be in use at really big companies within a couple of weeks (among our customers are many of the biggest payment processors, banks, social media companies…). Every team member designs, develops, maintains and improves our software and provides email support to our customers. He also gets the opportunity to research the latest compiler and mobile security technology.
What you can expect from us?
- Challenging, interesting and diversified work.
- A good balance between research and implementation work.
- The opportunity to improve your skills on a personal and a technological level.
- An attractive salary package with benefits like meal and eco vouchers, retirement savings, hospitalisation insurance, phone, SIM card, compensation for commute...
- An inspiring work environment with smart colleagues in the beautiful city of Leuven.
Guardsquare helps companies around the world to protect their mobile applications against reverse engineering and hacking. Our customer base includes both multinational corporations and individual developers in various industries. We are well-known for our open-source Java optimizer and obfuscator, ProGuard. In addition, we develop cutting-edge solutions for the protection of Android and iOS applications. DexGuard (Android) and iXGuard (iOS) provide advanced code hardening and runtime self-protection functionality. In 2018, Guardsquare won Deloitte’s Fast 50 award for the fastest growing Belgian tech company. We thank our success to our dynamic and international team.