Lightmatter builds chips for artificial intelligence computing. Our architecture leverages unique properties of light to enable fast and efficient inference and training engines. If you're a collaborative engineer or scientist who has a passion for innovation, solving challenging technical problems and doing impactful work...work like building the world's first optical computers, consider joining the team at Lightmatter!
We are looking for talented software engineers to help us build the next generation of AI processors.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing highly optimized computational framework for deep learning. You'll be working with deep learning scientists, as well as digital, analog, and photonic designers, to implement the features needed to accelerate the next generation of machine learning algorithms.
- Develop systems software for integration between deep learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow) and hardware accelerators.
- Work with the compiler and machine learning teams to enable low-latency, high-throughput deep learning computation.
- Design a runtime environment that evaluates neural networks, allocates memory, and manages instructions.
- Develop firmware for managing board level hardware resources.
- Implement Linux device driver for an offline ASIC accelerator with high-speed interconnect.