Embroker is the easiest way to intelligently insure any business. By pairing technology and broker expertise, Embroker helps growing businesses save time and find the best value on the right coverage.
As the leading digital insurance brokerage, Embroker is working to massively improve the $800 billion property and casualty (P&C) insurance market. Headquartered in San Francisco, we have offices in Boston, Chicago, Denver and New York and customers in all 50 states.
Our mission is simple: to make insurance work better for businesses of all types and sizes.
About the Position
We work in small, cross-functional, teams of 3-6 people and use Slack to stay connected.
Bird's eye view of the role:
- Ability to write clean, well-designed and high-quality code in highly collaborative Agile development environment
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Knowledge and experience with at least one major object-oriented programming language (C#, Java, C++, …)
- Experience building scalable server-side components. Experience with Web servers, REST APIs and SQL
- Being okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Good knowledge of English language, conversational and written
- Fluent in written and spoken Serbian
Our ideal teammate:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with React
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with ES6 and/or TypeScript
- Experience with Go programming language
What Embroker offers
- Flexible working hours
- A snazzy work space
- In-office drinks, snacks, fruits, etc.
- Top-of-the-line tools
- Smart, like-minded colleagues
- Scrum environment
- Team building events
- Opportunities for advancement, training, and certification
- Competitive salary & paid vacation
- Subsidized fitness card
- Subsidized parking, transportation or healthcare
More about Embroker
The Embroker team is a diverse group with extensive experience in technology and insurance.
Embroker embraces differences and is committed to a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients.
At Embroker, we work hard, have fun solving difficult problems, and push the boundaries of what was thought possible in our industry. We are always looking for ways to get better and exceed what’s expected of us. Our team members take ownership of our customer experience and the success of the company. We encourage like-minded individuals to join us in building the next generation insurance company.
Embroker is headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in Boston, Chicago, Denver, New York and Belgrade, Serbia.