- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: EdTech
- Post Date: 11/16/2023
- Website: empowerly.com
- Company Address: 2261 Market Street, #4555, San Francisco, California 94114, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About EmpowerlyWe empower students to become the most successful version of themselves with personalized college & career guidance.
Empowerly (www.empowerly.com) is an education technology company with a mission to empower students to become the most successful version of themselves. We personalize college and career counseling, offering data-driven education technology, startup and research internship programs, and personalized counseling led by former college Admission Officers and experienced college counselors. We are a rapidly growing, mission-driven, and venture-backed company that values collaboration, data-driven decision-making, and empowerment.
Empowerly has raised $12 million from investors, including Goodwater Capital, FJ Labs, Scrum Ventures, Translink Capital, Azure Capital Partners, and Spero Ventures. Our leadership team brings experience from Teach for America, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Google, Lucky Strike, Microsoft, and various Seed, A, B, C, Private, and Publicly Traded companies. In 2022, Empowerly's co-founders were named in Forbes 30 Under 30, and the company was recognized as one of Inc. 5000's fastest-growing companies in America.
About the Role
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our team based in San Francisco. This role offers an On-Target Earnings (OTE) between $80,000 and $120,000 and will require travel in the San Francisco Bay area, amounting to approximately 20-25% of your time. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for sharing Empowerly's diverse products and services with families. Your role will involve understanding students' needs and goals, educating them about Empowerly's counselors and platform, and providing solutions to help them achieve their college acceptance goals.
This position is pivotal to Empowerly's success and offers significant opportunities for career growth within our sales and growth marketing teams. The Account Executive will identify, develop, close, and onboard new Empowerly families, contributing to our aggressive monthly sales targets.
- Document and manage complete sales cycles, from qualifying inbound leads to selling Empowerly's suite of solutions (8+ products and services) to families, and accurately forecast your sales pipeline.
- Work both independently and collaboratively as part of various teams within your assigned areas, win business, and reach sales goals.
- Transform prospects into loyal clients and advocates for Empowerly.
- Deepen relationships across the Empowerly family.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, partner, and ambassador to your clients, internal partners, and overall network, demonstrating grace under pressure and high ethical standards.
- Build relationships, live with integrity, and consistently deliver on promises.
- Drive revenue to achieve aggressive monthly targets.
- Track all deal data in HubSpot (deal source, close time, etc.) to understand the best sales strategies.
- Business travel as needed for team building, quarterly sales alignment, etc., primarily within the San Francisco Bay area.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required.
- Proven track record of prospecting for leads, closing sales, and winning clients.
- Positive self-starter with the ability to cold call (when necessary), manage time effectively, and present ideas clearly and professionally.
- Fast learner, coachable, and able to work well with team members.
- Personable, empathetic, and enjoys helping parents and students succeed.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- 2+ years of quota-carrying, outside business-to-consumer or relevant business-to-business sales experience.
- Proficiency with SaaS platforms, HubSpot, Salesforce, Google Suite, and comfortable working with multiple monitors.
- Embraces opportunities, takes risks, and challenges the status quo.
- Previous startup industry experience and experience in larger companies.
- Familiarity with HubSpot and CRM tools.
- Experience in the higher education space, particularly with the top 25 colleges and universities.
- BA/BS or advanced degree
Empowerly Sales, Marketing, and Business Development Characteristics
- Belief in our mission and dedication to our goals.
- Excellent communicator in written, oral, and in-person interactions.
- Analytical thinker who makes data-driven decisions.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Adept at learning web-based tools.
- Resourceful problem solver.
- Thrives in a nimble, lean, unstructured, fast-paced startup.
- Collaborative and energetic team player.
- Committed to delighting customers.
- Upholds impeccable integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to present a unified front once a decision is made.
- Quick response to customers and adaptability to change.
- Committed to personal growth and development.
- Mission-driven at heart.
$80,000 - $130,000 a year
The overall market range for roles is typically $80,000 - $130,000 OTE.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Empowerly is a unique culture and environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
WORKING AT EMPOWERLY
At Empowerly, we value versatility, supportiveness, impatience, and above all, an obsessive focus on deepening relationships with families. As you join us in the first chapter of our story, you'll play a leading role in determining how it unfolds.
We understand that finding a company with values that align with your own is crucial to feeling fulfilled at work. However, it can be challenging to assess a company's culture from the outside, and many organizations struggle to describe their own nature accurately. It's like asking a fish to describe water - they are so immersed in it that it's hard to see it objectively. Additionally, many companies have incentives to sound attractive rather than truthful.
That's why we've made a conscious effort to articulate our culture's characteristics honestly. We hope that this description will help you decide whether Empowerly is the kind of place where you'd like to spend your time.
An environment of growth
Growth by way of doing
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401-K
Working to scale our Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick days, and a 401k. In addition to our tangible benefits, Empowerly provides our people the opportunity to learn and grow within a supportive team environment.