- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Enterprise/B2B Software
- Post Date: 02/12/2024
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.matta.ai
- Company Address: , London, United Kingdom
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Matta LabsAt Matta we are building the AI operating system for additive manufacturing. Our technology is based on state-of-the-art research by engineers and scientists at Cambridge.
Spun out of the latest research at Cambridge, Matta is applying the latest deep learning techniques to develop first 3D printers which can learn how to manufacture objects by themselves. The creation of a powerful monitoring AI for closed-loop control and quality assurance is the first step towards changing how additive manufacturing is used in industry at scale. Ultimately our learning algorithms will unlock a new manufacturing paradigm, enabling the autonomous design of highly complex multi-material parts for future applications in robotics, healthcare, aerospace, and more. Join an incredible team of world-leading researchers from the fields of computer science, manufacturing, automation, and materials science who are leading the way in truly digitising future manufacturing. Think all of this sounds pretty cool (that’s because it is…) then get in touch and help our team make this a reality.
As a Continual Learning Research Scientist at Matta you will be leading the effort in developing deep neural network models to monitor and understand the 3D printing process in real time. The models built will be used on both metal and polymer 3D printing systems to detect and correct errors, analyse prints, learn how to print new materials, and reconstruct objects during manufacture. Importantly your work will allow our system to learn from each new print across a distributed network of users' machines. You will be working with our machine learning team, integrations team, and AM experts to develop and hone our AI for real-world application. This role will entail much academic research and understanding of the latest literature in machine learning to achieve our goal. Additionally, you will be expected to help in publishing some of our research in high impact journals and will have the opportunity to present at the large machine learning conferences.
Ideal candidates would have the following technical skills:
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Statistics or Machine Learning or related technical field.
- Strong software engineering skills, including fluency in Python or C++.
- Strong knowledge of modern ML libraries e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, or JAX.
- Management or individual contributor experience working on large-scale ML projects.
- Experience in applying experimental ideas to applied problems.
- Prior experience collaborating with researchers and working with product teams.
- Experience working on projects from proof-of-concept through to implementation.
- Solid understanding of algorithm design and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Software engineer interpersonal skills (discuss technical ideas effectively with colleagues, e.g. through whiteboard, design docs, presentations, etc.).
- Experience writing clean and readable code, as well as reviewing peers' code.
- Understanding of online and active learning techniques.
Above all, we are looking to build a team of creative, outside-of-the-box thinking problem solvers. For this, candidates should be:
- Capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals, and taking a project from concept to completion.
- Self-directed, self-organised, proactive, and comfortable in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Team players with excellent communication skills.
- Excited about taking on new challenges in the additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Enthusiastic tea or coffee drinkers who enjoy a good biscuit or two and a good slice of cake (this is the most important criteria).
At Matta, we value diversity to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of any basis. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have a disability or additional need that may require accommodation