- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: EdTech
- Post Date: 11/16/2023
- Website: empowerly.com
- Company Address: 2261 Market Street, #4555, San Francisco, California 94114, US
- Salary Range: $1 - $1
About EmpowerlyWe empower students to become the most successful version of themselves with personalized college & career guidance.
Empowerly (www.empowerly.com) is an education technology company that personalizes college and career counseling, with a mission to empower students to become the most successful version of themselves.
We provide data-driven education technology, start up and research internship programs, and personalized counseling led by former college Admission Officers and experienced college counselors. We are a rapidly growing, mission-driven, and venture-backed company. It takes a unified team committed to our core values – collaboration, data driven, and empowerment – to achieve this goal and a fast-moving team committed to serving the needs of families.
Each student is holistically evaluated through our Empowerly Score™ — the only predictive technology that can also quantify subjective material. Each student is offered a three-pronged approach to evaluate academics, essays, and extracurricular activities – providing them a 360-degree view of how to be competitive against other applicants.
Empowerly has raised $12 million to date from investors, including Goodwater Capital, FJ Labs, Scrum Ventures, Translink Capital, Azure Capital Partners, and Spero Ventures. Our leadership team is from Teach for America, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Google, Lucky Strike, Microsoft, and a mix of Seed, A, B, C, Private and Publicly Traded companies leadership experience. Empowerly's co-founders were also named in Forbes 30 Under 30 class of 2022. In 2022 Empowerly was named to Inc. 5000’s list of fastest growing companies in America.
We are a fully remote, global workforce focused on building world-class, college admissions advisory services and programs. So far this year, 22% of Empowerly student applications were accepted into the Ivy League, as compared to the national average of 5%. This means that across the board, we increased our student’s chances of acceptance into the Ivy League by at least four times (4X)!
About the Role
Community Managers are an integral part of the overall mission of Empowerly. Our Community Management team ensures a holistically positive experience through the Empowerly journey for our students and families, and our marketplace of College Counselors. Community Managers also work on various internal programs that lead to student success. We are seeking an experienced, organized, and customer-oriented Community Manager who will integrate well with our team and provide exceptional service to our marketplace of College Counselors, and our students and families. The Community Manager will also support the developing Elite program as needs arise.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist families and students during their Empowerly journey to put their best foot forward in the college admissions process
- Help families get started with counseling journey upon registration (onboarding call, ensuring good fit with counselor, sessions scheduled, questions answered, etc)
- Respond and resolve all incoming customer communications within internal SLAs. Work cross-functionally with other internal groups to ensure customers have the best possible outcomes
- Provide phone and email support using CRM tools.
- Support Head of Counselors in ensuring optimal performance of College Admissions Counselors
- Serve as the resource for the community when questions arise from counselors and families and provide consistent, accurate information across different platforms (Slack, email, phone, video, team meetings, webinars, etc)
- Create and improve processes to ensure quality counseling, regular meetings between students and counselors, clear instructions for new families and counselors, realistic expectations.
- Monitor satisfaction through routine surveys
- Work with a team to manage Empowerly’s operations processes and contractor teams
- Partner with teams in cross-functional, integrated setting
- Help the Operations Team to scale by improving processes and solving complex problems
- Represent Empowerly’s brand to current and prospective customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Business Travel as Needed for Team Building, Conferences, etc.
- Have an undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- Possess 2+ years of experience in Customer Service or Customer Experience environments
- Possess experience in education (teaching, tutoring, etc)
- Able to work remotely with readily available internet and an appropriate workspace
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for mutual understanding
- Able to connect the dots, develop strong business acumen, and establish trust at all levels
- Able to remain positive and adaptable
- Self-starter with a desire to exceed expectations
- Savvy with Google Workspaces and other modern technologies
- Possess a strong emotional intelligence, empathy, and patience
- Be highly detail oriented with a project management acumen and strong ability to document/track issues
- Able to take on competing priorities and developing work streams
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- Experience with Zendesk, Aircall, Hubspot, and/or similar platforms
- Experience in college admissions and/or college counseling
SUCCESSFUL CHARACTERISTICS AT EMPOWERLY
- A Problem Solver: You have a problem solving mindset with a solution first approach.
- Detail-Oriented: You’re able to dig into data and processes with a fine tooth comb to understand how to get things done in the best way possible.
- A Lifelong Learner: You’re not afraid to admit what you don’t know and are willing to take on any task delegated to you. You are a fast learner, coachable, and work well with other team members.
- An Owner: You’re not afraid to take on full responsibility for any project, big or small.
- Proven Winner: You are a demonstrated top performer and overachiever. You are hungry and driven to succeed.
- Positive Self-Starter: You have an upbeat, persistent style, manage your time well, and can present your ideas in a clear professional manner. You are highly self motivated and maintain high levels of daily activity and follow up.
- Interpersonal Skills: Personable, empathetic, and enjoys helping parents and students succeed.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: You thrive in fast paced environments. Empowerly is a hyper growth company and a start up.
- Tech Savvy: Embraces SaaS Platforms, Hubspot, Google Workspaces (Slides, Sheets, Docs) etc; comfortable working in spreadsheets and comfortable working with multiple monitors.
- Confidence: You embrace opportunities, take risks, and challenge the status quo.
- Good Judgment: You have the ability to solve problems and communicate well in ambiguous situations.
$60,000 - $80,000 a year
The Community Manager is a full-time, exempt position working remotely. We offer a competitive compensation in the range of $60,000 - $80,000 annually commensurate with experience and location, and benefits package that includes health/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick days, and a 401k. In addition to our tangible benefits, Empowerly provides our people the opportunity to learn and grow within a supportive team environment.
Why work for Empowerly?
Contribute to the development of a fast growing company with vast opportunities to grow your skill set and build value
Work from anywhere! Our organization is fully remote and our people have the flexibility to work from wherever is the most comfortable and convenient for them
Join a growing startup backed by top Silicon Valley venture capital firms and be a strong contributor to reaching our milestones
Empowerly is for the versatile, the supportive, the efficient, and most of all, obsessively focused in deepening relationships across families
You’ll be arriving in the first chapter of our story, and you’ll be expected to play a lead role in determining how it unfolds