- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Enterprise/B2B Software
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: bungeetech.com
- Company Address: 10400 NE 4th St, Bellevue, Berkeley, CA, 98004
About BungeeBungee Tech empowers retailers and brands to compete effectively in an ever-changing landscape. Our technology is currently shaping the grocery and CPG brand markets. As we grow, our coverage across more industry categories and segments will increase every day.
About the job
At Bungee Tech, we help retailers and brands meet customers everywhere and, on every occasion, they are in. We believe that accurate, high-quality data matched with compelling market insights empower retailers and brands to keep their customers at the center of all innovation and value they are delivering.
We provide a clear and complete omnichannel picture of their competitive landscape to retailers and brands. We collect billions of data points every day and multiple times a day from publicly available sources. Using high-quality extraction, we uncover detailed information on products or services, which we automatically match, and then proactively track for price, promotion, and availability. Plus, anything we do not match helps to identify a new assortment opportunity.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer who will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them.
You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used in the company.
As an experienced member of the team, in this role, you will:
- Contribute to evolving the technical direction of analytical Systems and play a critical role their design and development
- You will research, design and code, troubleshoot and support. What you create is also what you own.
- Develop the next generation of automation tools for monitoring and measuring data quality, with associated user interfaces.
- Be able to broaden your technical skills and work in an environment that thrives on creativity, efficient execution, and product innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
- 4+ years relevant professional experience in Data Engineering and Business Intelligence
- 4+ years in with Advanced SQL (analytical functions), ETL, Data Warehousing.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures, data modeling and performance tuning.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Excellent coding skills in Java, Python, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases and basic SQL
- Proficiency with at least one of these scripting languages: Perl / Python / Ruby/shell script
- Experience with building data pipelines from application databases.
- Experience with AWS services - S3, Redshift, Spectrum, EMR, Glue, Athena, ELK, etc.
- Experience working with Data Lakes.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers on the best practices in the data engineering space
- Sharp problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
- Experience in working with Big Data
- Knowledge and experience in working with Hive and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Knowledge of Spark
- Experience working with Data Science teams
Compensation & Benefits:
- At Bungee, you have the choice to work anywhere in India. We offer flexibility in schedules, reimbursements for home office expenses, a top-notch health plan that covers you and your family, accident insurance, retirement benefit, and generous paid time off.