- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Consumer Software
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: ava.me
- Company Address: 60 Spear Street, San Francisco, CA, 94105
About AvaGrabbing lunch with friends, attending a last-minute business meeting, a joyful Thanksgiving dinner often turns into a painful experience for 400 million people with hearing loss. Lipreading stays the only affordable solution to follow daily group conversations, and it's not even a good one.
Ava has built the premier, real-time transcription service (combining AI & human transcription) on the market. Our mobile app & web suite integrates seamlessly with existing tools and workflows to make all meetings and conversations fully accessible for deaf & hard-of-hearing employees, students, and individuals. Well-funded and with a product & tech stack that is miles ahead of the competition, we are scaling Sales in France, the EU, and beyond!
You will be integral to revenue growth at Ava by building and nurturing relationships with inbound leads, analyzing product usage data to unblock users, and ensuring the most appropriate individuals within organizations whose employees, students, or customers will benefit from Ava's state-of-the-art services. You will be a product specialist at Ava scheduling appointments with decision-makers ready to explore Ava's services as an accessibility solution.
Why this role?
- Sell a product that really changes lives on a large scale: How often do you hear about apps that make people cry with joy? It's really special when users tell you your product has changed their life. It is a unique opportunity to be able to meaningfully improve the lives of 100,000s of people around the world - and we have only just started to scratch the surface!
- Work with some of the best people in the world: We have an incredibly talented and passionate team that is a lot of fun to work with. We're still super small and have already accomplished more than most teams 10x our size. Our interests are very diverse — and we love to mix them into our every day work-life balance.
- Help build the foundations of sales at Ava: As an early member of our sales team, you'll be instrumental in helping define our sales motion. Help us optimize our processes based on your prior experience, while building on top of our foundations and market knowledge.
- Meaningfully shape the future of accessibility: As you engage with users, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with product to inform what we do next. Your voice carries the most weight when we decide what to build next.
- Join us at an incredible time: We're well-funded and hit product-market fit, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'd join at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow, so we can create a more inclusive world.
So... what will you do as an SDR at Ava?
- Identify high priority leads & accounts by building a profile based on firmographic data, product usage and buying intent.
- Help our users be successful in the product while uncovering opportunities for monetization.
- Schedule qualified leads for demos with an Account Executive, making sure the right information has been extracted and that they are excited.
- Develop content, templates and outreach strategies to communicate with users of our product who have already experienced value
- Partner with the Account Executives to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Manage a pipeline of inbound prospects (both users and those who have never used Ava) , diligently documenting and tracking communication in our CRM.
- Be the thoughtful voice of our business clients — organize their feedback to help develop a product that answers their needs.
- Investigate and recommend changes that will impact the lead to demo conversion rate. Share best practices with colleagues.
You'd be perfect for this role if:
- You have 1-2 years experience as an SDR/BDR or internship that wants to evolve, in a SaaS startup with a PLG motion (willing to train the right person)
- You need to be comfortable interacting with users a lot. You are user-centric, warm and very good at active listening.
- You are great at analyzing data and at understanding how independent data points translate into actionable insights.
- You are organized, detailed and efficient. This are a lot of names, accounts and product engagement metrics to remember.
- You are driven to help, educate and empower our users. You want your daily work to have an impact!
- You are coachable, willing to adjust your actions to reach your desired result.
- You are characterized by your friends and colleagues as a hustler. You thrive in ambiguity and do things that might feel uncomfortable.
- Be fluent French & English
- ✨ Bonus: You know or are familiar with (even just the basics of LSF (Langue des signes Françaises) and would be enthusiastic to learn it to help customers
- ✨ Bonus: You've used Hubspot, Mixpanel, Asana and/or Airtable before