- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences QA/QC
- Industry: Therapeutics
- Post Date: 09/20/2023
- Website: www.korrobio.com
- Company Address: One Kendall Square, Building 600-700, Suite 6-401, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, US
About Korro BioKorro Bio was founded to turn extraordinary scientific insights into life-altering new treatments for patients. We harness the body’s natural RNA editing machinery to make precise, single-base RNA edits to modulate protein function, addressing the medical needs of patients. Our mission is to rewrite the future for patients living with debilitating disease by repairing the underlying genetic cause.
Company Summary: Korro Bio is a privately held biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of a new class of precision genetic medicines utilizing our propriety RNA editing platform, OPERA. Our portfolio of innovative RNA therapies has the potential to propel genetic medicine beyond rare genetic diseases into larger patient populations with common diseases. Korro enjoys support from a committed group of institutional investors, and recently completed a $116 million Series B financing round to advance our current and future work. We are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
We are collaborative and united by a common mission. We are building a company with extraordinary people with an audacious vision to create transformative genetic medicines for prevalent diseases. Our values - Rewrite the future, On the Cutting Edge, Better Together, Dynamically Different, Kindness and Integrity form the fabric of the organization. They are reinforced daily and serve as key dimensions in the hiring process to help us ensure that Korro is a magnet for outstanding talent and a great place to work.
Position Summary: Korro Bio is seeking a passionate and self-motivated analytical chemist to join our growing oligonucleotide CMC group. The candidate will work closely with discovery and development team and work together with other exceptional scientists in a dynamic, growing company. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and deployment of methods for routine analysis of oligonucleotides to advance our RNA editing drug discovery platform and programs. The successful candidate must express a high attention to detail, be comfortable multitasking and be able to function in an interdisciplinary and fast-paced startup
- Lead the development, qualification, and validation of analytical methods, especially LC/MS, for routine characterization, profiling and quantitation of oligonucleotides, their impurities, and raw materials
- Work with external labs to provide testing and development support for Korro’s R&D activities
- Support method development and tech transfer for our external CMO/CRO
- Lead troubleshooting, improvement, and life-cycle management of analytical instruments (mainly HPLC-LC/MS)
- Author, review and approve documentation including technical reports, SOPs, test methods, and release specifications
- Identifies, evaluates, and procures analytical equipment and reagents to enhance capabilities of the department
- Train colleagues in the Chemistry organization on the correct use of equipment and analytical methods for in process testing
- Serve as a role model for junior scientists, and a champion for scientific rigor within an open, supportive, and data-driven environment
- Discuss and communicate scientific results at internal meetings and research boards as a core team member of matrix project teams within a dynamic cross-functional drug discovery environment
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry or related discipline, with at least 2 years of experience or M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry or related discipline, with at least 5 years of analytical chemistry experience in pharma or biotech
- Expertise in a broad range of analytical chemistry methods, including Mass Spectrometry of complex molecules, UPLC (IP-RP, AEX), NMR, Karl-Fischer, SEC, UV-Vis, FT-IR, Gas Chromatography
- Direct experience in oligonucleotide method development of ASO and siRNA (both conjugated and unconjugated) is plus
- Characterization of LNP formulation, degradation products, and raw materials is plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate and collaborate both verbally and in written communications.
- Strong laboratory skills and high degree of attention to detail
- Detail-oriented, excellent problem-solving abilities, commitment to high quality
- Exemplary organizational skills, self-motivated, curious, collaborative, and able to consistently meet deadlines
- Full computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases, electronic documentation)
Benefits: Korro offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, a dependent care flexible spending account and a Company-funded health savings account and free parking.