- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Administration
- Industry: Therapeutics
- Post Date: 09/12/2023
- Website: www.umoja-biopharma.com
- Company Address: 1920 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101, US
About Umoja BiopharmaUmoja is developing a new approach to cancer therapy that retools a patient’s immune system in vivo, enhancing the body’s natural capacity to fight cancer. We envision a world where all patients with cancer have access to the most advanced immunotherapies and are free from the burdens of traditional cancer therapies.
Umoja Biopharma is a game-changing biotech start-up with locations in Seattle, WA and Boulder, CO, focused on transforming the treatment of cancer with a novel integrated immunotherapy platform. Our vision is to develop off-the-shelf therapies capable of treating any tumor, any time. We are a diverse and growing team working in brand-new facilities in downtown Seattle, Washington, and Boulder, Colorado, and we are looking for innovative thinkers who are excited by groundbreaking science and technology, and passionate about squaring up to the challenges inherent to cutting edge drug development. We are committed to the principles of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and strongly invite applications from enthusiastic individuals who share our commitment and help position Umoja as a leader in this front.
We at Umoja believe in the importance of stories; we are looking for great people to join our team to help us create more stories for ourselves, for you, and most importantly for patients and their families.
Umoja Biopharma – Your Body. Your Hope. Your Cure.
Umoja Biopharma is seeking an experienced Finite Scheduler/Material Planner to join our fast-paced Supply Chain department located at our newly commissioned CLIMB cell/gene therapy manufacturing facility in Louisville, Colorado. This position will be responsible for running the Material Requirements Planning (MRP), coordinating the Inventory and Open Order reports, and working closely with the Manufacturing department to have a firm grasp of planned operations in a 6–9-month window. This individual may also be called upon to assist in both short and long-term scenario planning and forecasting to help Umoja best allocate resources and order operations at the CLIMB.
The Scheduler/Planner will work closely with Supply Chain, Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT), Lab Operation, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and the Warehouse teams. This position will require a high level of accuracy, compliance, and planning as our company continues to build and grow. We are looking for a self-starter who brings their excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to flex and pivot in an ever-changing start-up environment.
This position will be based in Louisville, CO.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review MRP for accuracy and place requisitions
- Integrate Inventory and Open Order Reports into MRP to plan and manage inventory
- Create and maintain production schedules for manufacturing operations in alignment with the manufacturing supervisor
- Engage daily with manufacturing to plan and schedule daily task execution for the manufacturing process
- Request Batch Records and other controlled documents required to manufacture a production batch
- Coordination of activities as warranted for sample management, maintenance and other CLIMB facility activities that impact the manufacturing areas and team
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, Laboratory Operations, Procurement, and suppliers to forecast and plan raw material supply
- Collaborate with MSAT and Manufacturing to build a schedule of operations to facilitate demand planning for all materials needed to support Operations at the CLIMB
- Follow current Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and quality compliance guidelines for all (Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) orders
- Engage with key business stakeholders to understand their unique needs
- Be a champion for policy, process, and compliance as a guiding light for all GMP-related procurement activities
- Initially support a manual material, inventory, and schedule tracking system as we transition to an electronic/automated ERP/MRP system
- Participate as a Supply Chain SME in an SAP implementation project
- Create finite scheduling plan
- Assist the Associate Director of Supply Chain with ad hoc requests or projects
The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of scheduling and/or planning experience or a high school diploma with a minimum of four years of scheduling and/or planning experience in a similar controlled or regulated industry environment.
- Working knowledge of ordering procedures, production planning, inventory replenishment methods, MRP, and ERP systems
- Experience with SAP S/4 HANA highly desirable
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to identify and solve complex problems with minimum assistance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience negotiating preferable pricing, terms, and lead times with suppliers
- Drive to connect with business stakeholders on a regular basis
- Confidence to ask questions to gain understanding, clarity and insight in a novel, ever-changing environment
- High level of efficiency and sense of urgency
- Ability to work well on a team while also completing tasks independently
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Biotech or healthcare experience
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment; pharmaceutical or biotechnology preferred
- Position may require long periods of sitting or standing in one place
Salary Range: $73,525 - $95,150
Umoja Biopharma offers its employees competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Premera Blue Cross, Delta Dental, and VSP. Additionally, we offer Umojians access to a 401k plan through Fidelity, with a 100% match up to their first 6% deferral. Umoja also provides a competitive, unlimited Paid Time Off policy, employee commuter benefits, and childcare reimbursement. For a full breakdown of our benefits offerings, please see the Benefits section of our website.