- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Therapeutics
- Post Date: 05/23/2023
- Website: www.umoja-biopharma.com
- Company Address: 1920 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101, US
About Umoja BiopharmaUmoja is developing a new approach to cancer therapy that retools a patient’s immune system in vivo, enhancing the body’s natural capacity to fight cancer. We envision a world where all patients with cancer have access to the most advanced immunotherapies and are free from the burdens of traditional cancer therapies.
Umoja Biopharma is a game-changing biotech start-up with locations in Seattle, WA and Boulder, CO, focused on transforming the treatment of cancer with a novel integrated immunotherapy platform. Our vision is to develop off-the-shelf therapies capable of treating any tumor, any time. We are a diverse and growing team working in brand-new facilities in downtown Seattle, Washington, and Boulder, Colorado, and we are looking for innovative thinkers who are excited by groundbreaking science and technology, and passionate about squaring up to the challenges inherent to cutting edge drug development. We are committed to the principles of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and strongly invite applications from enthusiastic individuals who share our commitment and help position Umoja as a leader in this front.
We at Umoja believe in the importance of stories; we are looking for great people to join our team to help us create more stories for ourselves, for you, and most importantly for patients and their families.
Umoja Biopharma – Your Body. Your Hope. Your Cure.
The Umoja Vector Biology team is seeking a highly motivated and capable Senior Research Associate to design and conduct studies to support characterization of Lentiviral Vector (LVV). The ideal candidate is experienced with mammalian cell culture, cell-based analytical methods (e.g., flow cytometry) and molecular analysis techniques (e.g., ddPCR, Western Blot, ELISA). The successful candidate will be trained under the direction of senior staff to perform a variety of molecular and cellular methods. This role will also require attention to detail and proper documentation of execution of experiments in an Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN). This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting startup biotechnology company with an amazing team of scientists working to develop next-generation of cancer immunotherapies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with method design, execution, and analysis to support the development of gene therapy products
- Design and setup experiments to analyze and characterize the Lentiviral Vector, including vector titration, surface protein expression and functional assays
- Participate in exploratory and new pipeline development
- Maintain clear records of experimental work using an electronic notebook system that adheres to company guidelines
- Manage and prioritize sample submissions for respective method(s) and report data in timely manner
- Prepare technical data reports and presentations
- Communicate research and data in cross-functional meetings
- MS or BS in Molecular Biology, Immunology, Virology, or related discipline with 3+/5+ of experience respectively
- Experience with protein analytical techniques such as multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA, and western blotting, capillary electrophoresis
- Experience with Lentiviral vector titration assay ddPCR
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Biotech industry experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects
- Strong communication skills in technical writing and oral presentation
- 100% compliance with personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements in laboratory environments, including gloves, protective clothing, and eye safety glasses.
- Perform physical tasks required for the role, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, sitting, working your hands in a biosafety cabinet, and occasionally moving materials up to 50 pounds.
- Project-oriented work in this role will require regular on-site presence to complete essential job-related functions.
Umoja Biopharma offers its employees competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Premera Blue Cross, Delta Dental, and VSP. Additionally, we offer Umojians access to a 401k plan through Fidelity, with a 100% match up to their first 6% deferral. Umoja also provides a competitive, unlimited Paid Time Off policy, employee commuter benefits, and childcare reimbursement. For a full breakdown of our benefits offerings, please see the Benefits section of our website.