- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: MedTech
- Post Date: 05/23/2023
- Website: elementscience.com
- Company Address: 200 Kansas Street, Suite 210, San Francisco, CA 94103, US
About Element ScienceElement Science is a San-Francisco based medical device and digital health start-up that develops lifesaving wearable solutions designed to deliver an outstanding experience.
Element Science, Inc. is a medical device and digital health company focused on developing solutions at the intersection of clinical-grade wearables, machine learning algorithms, and lifesaving therapies in order to address leading causes of death and hospitalization in patients with heart disease, primarily as they transition from the hospital-to-home. By putting the needs of patients and physicians first, our personalized digital devices, which are designed for function, comfort, and ease-of-use, aim to redefine the paradigm of care for these patients. Our first product, a wearable patch defibrillator, is initially targeted at treating the more than 500,000 patients in the US with an elevated temporary risk of potentially experiencing a lethal heart rhythm. Based in San Francisco, our funders include Third Rock Ventures, Google Ventures, Deerfield Healthcare, Qiming Venture Partners USA, Cormorant Asset Management, and Invus Opportunities.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Director of Reimbursement and Market Access has enterprise level responsibility for providing strategic and operational leadership in the development and execution of all types of payor contracting programs. This role serves as the face of the Company to all payors and their partners. The role will have substantial impact on revenue and growth across all commercialized products. The Director is expected to exercise independent judgment in the day-to-day management of the organization's contracting and billing activities.
- Efficiently negotiate contracts with payors in support of company revenue targets
- Build and lead a team that reviews and processes physician orders and payment claims
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with all levels of payor staff that impact our business
- Identify and prevent, or rectify, any items that may result in claim denials
- Review contract language and other pertinent documents with utmost detail and communicate findings
- Maintain list of all current payor contracts and tracker of all contracts being worked and needed
- Track renewal of all contracts
- Demonstrate a creative approach to strengthen our contractual relationships
- As appropriate, play an advocacy role in the community as it relates to regulatory and reimbursement issues
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulations and standards
- Leads the development of key performance indicators (KPIs), reporting of such, and the development of management systems to ensure achievement of such KPIs
- Proactively supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Company
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business administration, finance or other related field
- 8 - 10 more years of experience of payor enrollment and durable medical equipment (DME) contracting in the medical device industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of payor enrollment regulations and DME contracting processes
- Knowledge and understanding of the driving forces in the local, state, and national healthcare markets and the ability to assess emerging trends and needs and develop plans to address such trends
- Knowledge of State and Federal Healthcare regulations relating to payor contracts, payment guidelines, etc.
- Element Science offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Stock Options
- 90% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan (Traditional and Roth)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts)
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Employee Assistance Program through PEO
- The salary for this exempt-level position will be based on experience and qualifications within an established pay range.
- Salary Range: $180,000 - $200,000
Element Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.