- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Therapeutics
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: www.umoja-biopharma.com
- Company Address: 1920 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98101
About Umoja BiopharmaUmoja is developing a new approach to cancer therapy that retools a patient’s immune system in vivo, enhancing the body’s natural capacity to fight cancer. We envision a world where all patients with cancer have access to the most advanced immunotherapies and are free from the burdens of traditional cancer therapies.
Umoja Biopharma is a game-changing biotech start-up with locations in Seattle, WA and Boulder, CO, focused on transforming the treatment of cancer with a novel integrated immunotherapy platform. Our vision is to develop off-the-shelf therapies capable of treating any tumor, any time. We are a diverse and growing team working in brand-new facilities in downtown Seattle, Washington, and Boulder, Colorado, and we are looking for innovative thinkers who are excited by groundbreaking science and technology, and passionate about squaring up to the challenges inherent to cutting edge drug development. We are committed to the principles of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and strongly invite applications from enthusiastic individuals who share our commitment and help position Umoja as a leader in this front.
We at Umoja believe in the importance of stories; we are looking for great people to join our team to help us create more stories for ourselves, for you, and most importantly for patients and their families.
Umoja Biopharma – Your Body. Your Hope. Your Cure.
Umoja Biopharma is seeking a Facilities Technician to support the start-up, daily operation, and preventative maintenance of Umoja’s state-of-the-art lentiviral vector development and manufacturing facility and existing facilities in Colorado.
Primary responsibilities for this position include the installation, troubleshooting, corrective (repair/unplanned/modification), and preventative (planned) maintenance of plant utilities, building systems and critical infrastructure. Representative equipment may include but is not limited to HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical, life safety, fire protection, laboratory and production equipment, and automation control systems relating to the operation of equipment utilized in a cGMP facility.
The Facilities Technician must be able to work independently under minimal supervision to repair, maintain and operate equipment supporting a variety of manufacturing operations. Considerable independent judgment and initiative is required to solve challenging and complex issues. Additionally, the successful individual must be able to help coordinate external service providers including scheduling, coordination, and ensuring all work and documentation is performed in accordance with Umoja requirements.
This role will be based in Louisville, Colorado.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance of plant utilities and mechanical systems including plant utilities, mechanical systems, electrical systems, and plumbing systems in accordance with established procedures and/or approved practices.
- Perform maintenance and repair manufacturing support systems such as autoclaves, parts washers, biological safety cabinets, refrigerators, freezers, and cryogenic storage units.
- Troubleshoot and repair facilities, equipment, and systems including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, or hydraulic circuits (motors, pumps, compressors, boilers, chillers, and domestic and high-purity water systems).
- Determines the impact of required work, communicates, performs, coordinates, and/or supervises major repairs with other facilities staff/contractor and users to minimize service interruptions.
- Inspects third party repairs and/ or rebuilds for adherence to requirements and the quality of work.
- Troubleshoot equipment and systems, and repair malfunctioning equipment. Work with equipment owners/engineers and direct the performance of work by equipment vendors.
- Legibly and accurately document work performed in Umoja’s CMMS system in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- Author and maintain Facilities SOPs, as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferably including hands-on or vocational school training and a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment OR an Associate’s degree in mechanical/utilities technology, or Licensed Journeyman with a minimum of three (3) years of experience.
- Prior experience with general building and utility systems including boilers, chillers, electrical, HVAC, life safety and refrigeration systems.
- Experience in GMP biopharmaceutical or cell and gene therapy manufacturing and/or testing facility.
- Independent and analytical thought process to evaluate options and make decisions (risk-based decision-making capability).
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices), Food and Drug Administration, current pharmaceutical industry standards, and/or other regulations.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a collaborative manner across multiple functional areas.
- Universal CFC refrigerant license.
- Proficient in the operation of building automation systems including BMS, EMS, and standalone PLCs required for proper building, equipment, and system operation.
- Experience working with Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager CMMS is highly preferred.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, protective clothing, and eye safety glasses.
- Ability to perform physical tasks including standing, use of hands, walking, bending, kneeling, and occasionally moving materials up to 30 pounds.
Umoja Biopharma offers its employees competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Premera Blue Cross, Delta Dental, and VSP. Additionally, we offer Umojians access to a 401k plan through Fidelity, with a 100% match up to their first 6% deferral. Umoja also provides a competitive, unlimited Paid Time Off policy, employee commuter benefits, and childcare reimbursement. For a full breakdown of our benefits offerings, please see the Benefits section of our website.