- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: MedTech
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: elementscience.com
- Company Address: 200 Kansas Street, Suite 210, San Francisco, CA 94103, US
About Element ScienceElement Science is a San-Francisco based medical device and digital health start-up that develops lifesaving wearable solutions designed to deliver an outstanding experience.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer will help design, test, and sustain life saving wearable products. Designs involve sensitive analog front end circuits, sensors, microprocessors, power, and high voltage electronics. Testing includes board bring up, characterization, and dry run of verification tests. Sustaining support includes hands on failure analysis and technical guidance for cross-functional teams.
- Deliver board level designs including analysis, schematics, PCB layout for class III products. with sensitive analog front end circuits, sensors, power, and high voltage.
- Vendor management for critical / custom components.
- Characterize prototypes, non-form factor, and form factor boards through bench testing.
- Dry run verification tests & provide guidance on written design verification test protocols.
- Document design descriptions & engineering analysis to support Manufacturing and Quality.
- Qualify critical alternate components that meet design needs.
- Perform failure analysis and document investigations to aid Manufacturing builds.
- Provide technical support for cross-functional teams.
- MSEE with 5+ years of experience or BSEE with 7+ years of experience.
- Electrical design, test, and sustaining experience for products with microprocessors, analog electronics, and ideally high voltage also.
- Experience with Altium or other PCB design packages.
- Expertise using benchtop equipment for testing analog electronics.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively across functions.
- Familiarity with medical standards and verification to those standards.
- Preferred experience with QMS for development of Class III medical devices.
- Preferred experience with project leadership that includes working with multiple disciplines.
- Element Science offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Stock Options
- 90% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan (Traditional and Roth)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts)
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Employee Assistance Program through PEO
- The salary for this exempt-level position will be based on experience and qualifications within an established pay range.
- Salary Range: $140,000-$160,000.
Element Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.