- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: MedTech
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: elementscience.com
- Company Address: 200 Kansas Street, Suite 210, San Francisco, CA 94103, US
About Element ScienceElement Science is a San-Francisco based medical device and digital health start-up that develops lifesaving wearable solutions designed to deliver an outstanding experience.
Hands-on senior mechanical engineer within the Research and Development group. This individual will be responsible for designing new components and developing verification test methods for our innovative device.
- New concept development from design to prototype and production.
- Collaborate closely with materials, hardware, and design teams to integrate key functional areas of device.
- Identify and resolve critical mechanical performance requirements to enable the best patient experience.
- Work with partners to push the physical and performance boundaries of key system components.
- Development of effective processes for design capture, on-time realization, and verification.
- Mechanical engineering or related background required (B.S. minimum, M.S.+ preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to manage designs from concept to manufacture with 5-10 years experience and significant time designing medical devices.
- Expert proficiency with CAD (Solidworks preferred), mechanical drafting standards, and versioning (PDM).
- In-depth experience with quality system and medical product development processes including risk management.
- Ability to own supplier relations including evaluation and coordination.
- Ability to drive verification testing, process qualification, and failure investigations.
- Experience with mechanical designs which include electronics integration desirable.
- Experience with die-cutting and converting desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is a must.
- Element Science offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Stock Options
- 90% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan (Traditional and Roth)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts)
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Employee Assistance Program through PEO
- The salary for this exempt-level position will be based on experience and qualifications within an established pay range.
- Salary Range: $130,000 - $137,000.
Element Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.