- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: MedTech
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: elementscience.com
- Company Address: 200 Kansas Street, Suite 210, San Francisco, CA 94103, US
About Element ScienceElement Science is a San-Francisco based medical device and digital health start-up that develops lifesaving wearable solutions designed to deliver an outstanding experience.
The Senior Program Manager will set project and program strategy, evaluate ideas, prioritize features, define releases with Engineering, manage product roadmap, timelines, budget, coordinate and drive cross-functional activities associated with these projects, such as Engineering, Operations and Manufacturing, Regulatory, Quality and Marketing.
- Formulate, harmonize, and consolidate project scopes, plans, strategies, and budgets for one or more product development projects by working closely with other Project Managers and other Subject Matter Experts from Engineering, Commercial, Clinical, Regulatory, Quality, Manufacturing, and other functions.
- Confirm the ongoing strategic rationale and value proposition for projects.
- Plan and execute projects from start to completion, across all involved disciplines, involving deadlines, milestones, and processes.
- Conduct project and program risk management where applicable.
- Ensure company-wide thinking and problem-solving are incorporated into project execution.
- Drive resolution in cross-functional problem solving, communication, and integration.
- Liaise with other project leads, department managers, and executive management to prioritize activities across programs to balance resource availability, program deliverables and schedule, and business needs.
- Liaise with other project leads, department managers, and executive management to monitor business processes.
- Prioritize activities across programs to balance resource availability, program deliverables and schedule, and business needs.
- Contribute to the development of product requirements and adherence to compliance standards through expertise in medical device development.
- Execute programs to completion while assuring regulatory and quality management system compliance.
- Identify areas for process improvement, and defines and implements solutions, liaising with other stakeholders such as project leads, department managers, and executive management as appropriate.
- Create and manage long-term, cross-functional goals, including ensuring goals are met in areas such as customer satisfaction, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Ensure that the cross-functional members work as a “team” focused on those goals identified and by managing program and solution interdependencies.
- Quickly adapt and produce in a rapidly changing environment, meeting aggressive product development and commercialization schedules.
- Actively champion PMO best practices to drive better project planning, execution, project prioritization and change management within the company programs.
- Conduct Program Review meetings with appropriate audiences and provide regular updates to executive management.
- Establish and monitor evaluation methods to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
- Participate in the processes of budget and operating plans for programs.
- Review reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and transparently communicate project issues and decisions.
- Participate in workforce planning, recruiting, and hiring.
- Drive a culture of ownership, trust, and accountability.
- MUST have med device product development PM experience.
- Strong technical experience in cross-functional program management and team leadership.
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels of the organization to align plans and resolve conflict.
- Strong leadership, influencing, and negotiation skills.
- Process-oriented thinking, focused on continuous improvement and lessons learned; have demonstrated ability to define and implement complex and interdependent business processes.
- Digital Experience in Medical Device or Healthcare.
- Experience in Medical Health Records and sensitive data processing.
- Experience in Project Management tools (JIRA, MS Project, etc.).
- Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics.
- Knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting.
- Business acumen with a focus on planning and execution.
- Analytical and growth-minded thinking style with great problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Minimum eight (8) of relevant experience as R&D leader, project manager and/or program manager, ideally in medical devices.
- BS/MS in management, business, engineering, or equivalent degree.
- MBA or PhD is a plus.
- Element Science offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Stock Options
- 90% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan (Traditional and Roth)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts)
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Employee Assistance Program through PEO
- The salary for this exempt-level position will be based on experience and qualifications within an established pay range.
- Salary Range: $160,000 - $180,000.
Element Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.