- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: MedTech
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: elementscience.com
- Company Address: 200 Kansas Street, Suite 210, San Francisco, CA 94103, US
About Element ScienceElement Science is a San-Francisco based medical device and digital health start-up that develops lifesaving wearable solutions designed to deliver an outstanding experience.
The Senior Electrical Test Engineer leads the development of test solutions for PCBAs, subassemblies, and final products. In addition, this position will support the implementation and maintenance of test solutions in production.
- Define user needs and design requirements for test solutions in conjunction with stakeholders in Manufacturing, R&D, and Quality.
- Oversee the development of test solutions including verification of design requirements.
- Manage outside contractors/suppliers for test solution services.
- Generate documentation for test solutions in accordance with the quality system.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of test solutions in production.
- Participate in design for test reviews to facilitate testability of PCBAs, subassemblies, and final products.
- Provide mentorship to team members.
- Continuously improve engineering practices.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE). 5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Expertise in project management with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Proficiency in defining user needs and design requirements to drive projects.
- Hands-on experience with hardware schematic and layout analysis from system level down to component level.
- Well-versed in contractor/supplier management.
- Knowledge of test methodologies including Functional Test, In-Circuit Test (ICT), Flying Probe, Burn-In.
- Python/LabVIEW/TestStand ATE software skills a plus.
- Familiarity with risk management tools including Hazard Analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA a plus.
- Soldering/Assembly skills a plus.
Element Science offers a very competitive salary and benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Stock Options
- 90% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan (Traditional and Roth)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- FSA (Flexible Spending Accounts)
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- Employee Assistance Program through PEO
- The salary for this exempt-level position will be based on experience and qualifications within an established pay range.
- Salary Range: $140,000- $160,000.
Element Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.