- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: MedTech
- Post Date: 11/20/2022
- Website: elementscience.com
- Company Address: 200 Kansas Street, Suite 210, San Francisco, CA 94103, US
About Element ScienceElement Science is a San-Francisco based medical device and digital health start-up that develops lifesaving wearable solutions designed to deliver an outstanding experience. By putting the patient first, we seek to redefine what lifesaving medical devices can be. Our approach is founded on combining user-centric design, a rigorous approach to medical device development, and the integration and application of data science and machine learning. Our focus is on developing solutions that address leading causes of death and hospitalization due to heart disease.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Element Science is looking for a great team player to join our amazing team as HR Generalist II. The Human Resources Generalist II serves as administrator for several critical human resources functions and workforce management, including recruiting, employee relations, benefits, employee engagement, and leave tracking. Human Resources Generalist II provides internal support to deliver required human resources. May evaluate, select, and oversee vendors that provide HR processes and services. Human Resources Generalist is part of the HR support staff to process and maintain employment and other employee records
As a generalist, you have a hand in any and everything related to HR, which means no day is ever the same, and you get to work on many different projects simultaneously. If you enjoy variety in your day and have what it takes to be great at the job, we want you on our team.
- Manage the onboarding process, including preparing new hire packages, handling paperwork during orientation, and scheduling onboarding meetings.
- Maintain digital files for employees and their documents, benefits, and other employee and consultant records.
- Assist in the preparation and updating of job descriptions.
- Assist with the full life cycle recruitment from sourcing to screening to closing.
- Provide support and guidance to managers and employees on HR policies and practices. Participate in resolving employee-level workplace issues.
- Manage the off-boarding process, including preparing exit packages, and handling paperwork, scheduling exit meetings.
- Act as primary liaison with temporary service providers; coordinate temporary staffing levels and temporary in partnership with the Management team.
- Manage the employee leave of absence full process.
- Coordinate Workers' Compensation claims as a liaison between employees, healthcare providers, and carriers. Conduct accident investigations and prepare reports for management and the insurance carrier.
- Assist in the research, review, development, and implementation of personnel policies, procedures, and other employee communication.
- Stay up to date with personnel-related trends and legal development to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Assist with various administrative HR-related tasks, including but not limited to employment verifications, directing employee inquiries to the appropriate channels, and assisting the HR Manager with other HR tasks.
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the scope of assigned areas and participate in improvement projects within HR.
- Assist with employee engagement and recognition events.
- Other HR-related duties as assigned by the HR management.
- 4 years of HR and recruiting experience.
- Adaptable to changes in a demanding work environment. Ability to identify and take advantage of opportunities, organize, and prioritize several ongoing and frequently changing assignments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion and maintain sensitive and confidential information confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to establish and maintain communication and working relationships using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
- Can-do mentality and readiness to go above and beyond to provide exceptional service to managers/employees.
- Remarkable attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and complete many tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to handle tasks with a sense of urgency and confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Demonstrated team player; gives and welcomes feedback.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit; able to contribute to positive morale and help focus on group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft computer software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), TriNet or other PEO systems, ATS (Jobvite or other ATS), LinkedIn Recruiter, and Visio.
- Extra Credit --Have Technical sourcing/recruiting experience.