- Job Type: Part-Time
- Function: Administration
- Industry: Therapeutics
- Post Date: 08/08/2022
- Website: www.plateletbio.com
- Company Address: 65 Grove St, Suite 303, Watertown, Massachusetts 02472, US
About PlateletBioPlateletBio is the only allogeneic cell therapy company focused on platelet biology. We are pioneers, discovering a completely new category in therapeutics. Our approach is one-of-a-kind, recreating nature’s legendary delivery cell. In doing so, we’re developing a superior cell therapy empowered to tackle previously unmet medical challenges.
This is your opportunity to join a highly driven and ambitious young company that values collaboration, respect, intellectual curiosity, and integrity in our endeavor to pioneer an entirely new platform of cell-based therapeutics based on platelet biology. This is an exciting time to join PlateletBio as we advance our science into the clinic, further scale production of our products for human clinical trials and expand our platform to develop the next generation of cell therapeutics.
Our Ideal Candidate
Do you want to join an awesome team and be an integral part of the company’s culture? If yes, this could be your dream job. We are looking for an organized, analytical Administrative Coordinator with exceptional communication and problem-solving skills to handle office duties and analyze and optimize office operations. The Administrative Coordinator will triage inquiries as needed, guide visitors to the appropriate parties, field interdepartmental communications, and perform office tasks, such as sorting and delivering mailings, and maintain general office filing systems. You will also analyze office processes and policies, develop creative solutions to problems, answer questions, and take part in financial planning and decision making of the event and administrative ops budget. The person in this position will be an integral part of our company culture and will assist with planning and coordinating company events.
To succeed as an Administrative Coordinator, you should be committed to providing attentive support for internal and external parties and ensuring consistent, efficient operations. You should be courteous, analytical, proactive, and organized, and will have impact across the entire organization. The ideal candidate will be up-beat, professional and eager to take on any task.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform as back-up to the Senior Administrative Assistant and Director of Administration
- Provide scheduling support to the administrative/operations team
- Oversee vendor activities of business operations and ensuring that they are completed in accordance with existing PB policies and procedures.
- Greet and direct visitors to the appropriate parties.
- Handle basic office duties, such as answering and routing general questions, responding to emails, maintaining office budget tracking, vendor invoicing and contracts.
- Answer questions and find information for employees, vendors and clients.
- Support employees by facilitating interdepartmental communications and meeting arrangements between internal and external parties when requested.
- Ensure that the office is well-maintained, organized, and secure.
- Proactively assist with special projects, as needed, such as process improvements and budget development of internal activities.
- Develop, recommend and implement after review new policies and processes for office operations.
- Office Supply ordering and management of the process, as well as kitchen ordering and oversite.
- Help with organizing catered office breakfasts and lunches
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent, BS degree is preferred.
- Experience in administrative support field.
- Professional appearance and courteous manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with office technology and equipment, including fax machines, printers, copiers, scanners, and computers.
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong task and time management skills.
- Basic math skills and understanding of basic financial concepts.
At PlateletBio, we believe cell therapies inspired by platelet biology have incredible potential as transformative treatments for patients and their families. Located in Watertown, MA, we are a venture-backed pre-clinical stage biotech company that was spun out of Harvard Medical School to produce allogeneic cell therapies from engineered induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
In the interest of maintaining the highest level of safety for our team, all team members whose role necessitates time onsite in any of our locations are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Feel free to ask questions during the interview process if you would like to understand more.
As an equal opportunity employer, PlateletBio does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or veteran status. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for team members from all backgrounds.