Lob is building a suite of APIs to simplify and automate enterprise workflows. Our most popular product is our print and mail API that enables companies to send physical mail as effortlessly as sending emails. This API helps individuals and enterprise customers programmatically send physical mail at scale. Our second API focuses on address verification. Our long-term goal is to provide the building blocks for developers to automate the offline world through APIs. We offer remote working opportunities in CA, WA, OR, CO, TX, UT, MI, IL, PA, NY. You can also work onsite at our San Francisco headquarters.
We’re building a team of not just strong problem-solvers but great collaborators—engineers who are excited to teach and learn from each other, share decisions and information freely, and work together on problems that no other companies have solved before.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Print Partner team, you will help make sure every piece of mail our customers send gets delivered consistently and efficiently. You will build APIs, re-build systems for scale, and automate workflows to expand our ability to fulfill customer orders. You will work on a team that values cooperation, psychological safety and performance -- where individuals are supported to thrive and do the best work of their careers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Work with Product Management and other Engineers to research, design and implement new capabilities.
- Be data driven and collect metrics that identify bottlenecks in the system to help scale our service.
- Partner with Product Management to understand customer requirements and define Product Roadmap.
- Help define and improve best practices we can follow as a team and propagate across the company.
- Work with Customer Success and Support to troubleshoot customer issues.
- Coach and mentor other engineers.
For this role, we're looking for...
- 4+ years of full-stack (database, backend, and frontend) experience in a modern web framework. Show us how you’ve used technology to solve problems.
- Exceptional collaborators and communicators. At Lob, you win by helping others succeed. You have concrete examples of ways you’ve gone above and beyond to help the people around you meet their goals.
- Experience building or working with APIs. It turns out that they are a lot harder to design and change than they are to consume. You collaborate well with others about your strong opinions in regards to what good API design looks like, informed by real-world experience.
- Great coaches and leaders. A senior engineer does not simply ship great products; they help shape great teams.
We’re not just building a platform to make the world programmable. We’re also designing a great place to work.
Lob was built by technical co-founders with a vision to make the world programmable. We offer two flagship APIs (print & mail and address verification) that enable companies to send postal mail as effortlessly as sending emails. Lob is venture-backed by the most reputable investors in tech, and we are rapidly growing our team to shape the future of our company and meet the demands of a quickly growing customer base and dynamic product offerings.
We give our employees a lot of responsibility and ownership of their work. You will have fun at work while engaging in challenging projects with the best and brightest.
- Health benefits for you and your dependent(s)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Commuter & Parking benefits (includes monthly stipend)
- Remote/distributed, in-office and work from home accommodations
- Wellness program (includes monthly stipend)
- Paid parental leave
- Dog-friendly office
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Lob team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lob is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.