Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we've built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men's hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We're growing rapidly, recently raised a $47m Series B, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, First Round, and Greycroft, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
The Role / What’s the opportunity?
Thirty Madison is transforming the way patients care for their chronic conditions. To do that, we put our patients first, and at the core of putting our patients first is providing them world class safety, security and privacy. This is a chance to build it right from the ground up and help us leapfrog beyond our competition.
This role reports to our CISO
Responsibilities / What will I be doing? / You will…
- Design solutions and processes to identify, resolve and mitigate security vulnerabilities and risks.
- Research threats and attack vectors that impact Thirty Madison’s applications and infrastructure.
- Devise and bolster defense-in-depth through secure-by-default frameworks, architectures and processes.
- Mentor and share security and privacy best practices with all parts of the organization.
Qualifications / What skills do I need? / You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- An affinity and experience with an automation and development-based approach for security controls.
- Strong threat modeling abilities for security risks.
- Technical architecture and leadership experience in developing security control strategies, iterative design, and product ownership.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with a range of stakeholders from engineers, doctors, and partners around the world.
- Strong desire to take ownership of problems and act on them independently in a rapidly evolving environment
- A continual desire to inform, evangelize and educate others through strong written and verbal communications.
Nice to have’s / Bonus Points
- Exposure to modern cloud deployment technologies (we use AWS and Kubernetes)
- Fluency in at least one modern web framework with a preference on Ruby on Rails (or Python/Django, Node/Express, etc.)
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.