PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
We have some unique and important design challenges to solve, and recognize that design and UX will ultimately be critical to everything we're doing. We're looking for a product design intern to join our team and help solve some of these challenges. If you're right for PathAI, you'll flex all your design muscles:
- Craft prototypes you can use for testing and informing implementation
- Operate within a defined design system to create beautiful UIs, since appealing things often work better too
- Finesse the details throughout the interaction, ensuring our interface encourages efficient and accurate use of our tools and a clear understanding of the data and insights we present
- Dive into research mode, working with our customers and clinicians to inform your product ideas and help test our work
- Articulate complex ideas, visually, verbally or written, to build a shared understanding and drive decisions
- Get a handle on constraints, some of which are medical, some regulatory, without sacrificing a great experience
- Understand the technology—and at least a slice of the research—that brings it all together
- Partner cross functionally with product designers, engineers, and scientists to drive implementation of your solutions
Great designers come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- An understanding of basic design principles demonstrated via a portfolio or collection of work samples
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
- Flexible work hours
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Fun team events especially for interns
- Mentorship from statistics and machine learning experts at PathAI
- You will have the opportunity to work in a company culture that puts employees first, is relaxed, focused and hard-working.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.