Tired of walking into the same four walls of an office or hospital every day? Join our Lansing, MI team as an Ultrasound Technologist. Help people invest in prevention instead of treatments, while you bring our services to the communities that need us the most!
Life Line Screening is the nation's leading provider of community-based preventive health screenings. Along with a medical team of trained professionals, you will contribute to helping over 700,000 adults each year gain useful insight into their health by administering medical appropriate health screenings and tests. These services are designed to help provide people become aware of their health risk factors for chronic vascular diseases, stroke, and other diseases early so they can take proactive steps towards maintaining or improving their health through lifestyle changes or under continued care with their doctor.
As an Ultrasound Technologist, you'll work to provide every participant with a positive experience at each event while you perform scans of carotid arteries and abdominal aortas and cross-train to perform non-ultrasound duties when required such as ABI, EKG, take vitals and biometrics, finger sticks, and bone density testing. We offer training in these areas and more! We offer a unique environment going out into the community performing our preventive screening events.
As a team, you'll set up and take down equipment at the start and end of each event; properly disinfecting equipment between screenings. The safety and health of our participants and teams are extremely important to us. Events are scheduled in advance Monday thru Saturday, during day shift hours, and are not held on holidays or Sundays. Depending on the event location, some overnight stays may be required, with hotel and food expenses provided by the company. No on-call or 3rd shift, but plenty of opportunity for overtime!
If you're passionate about helping others and are excited about seeing new faces and different places every day, we'd love to talk to you!
- Perform scans of carotid arteries and abdominal aortas and AFIB, ABI, Osteoporosis and blood screenings during scheduled screening events
- Educate participants, review medical history and risk factors, and make suggestions for medically appropriate services.
- Passion for teamwork; sharing responsibilities driving the company van, loading, and unloading equipment (up to 50 lbs) as it is set up and taken down for each screening event; usually on the same day.
- Manage the registration process of participants and the flow of the screening event including educating and recommending medically appropriate screenings for individual participants
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced work environment where a passion for helping others, as well as accuracy performing tests, are held at the highest of standards
- Provide direct support to Team Manager and maintain Life Life Screening’s high standards of clinical quality and customer service.
- Work with Team Manager to set team performance and budgetary goals, and coach and encourage team to achieve or exceed them.
- Schedule and actively participate in weekly team meetings
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and training new staff as our teams grow, end of day paperwork, bank deposits, and shipping/receiving functions
What you'll need to be successful:
- Completion of an accredited Ultrasound program
- Certified RDMS & Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) Ultrasonographer is a plus (Must train and become LLS credentialed with the Carotid Screening)
- 1-3 years of clinical service, with sales or direct customer service preferred
- Understanding that our schedules are not typical office hours. Schedules are made 3 months in advance and run Monday-Friday and occasional Saturdays as needed. However, events are held within and up to a 150-mile radius of meet-up location near Cincinnati, OH (compensation is paid for both travel time and base pay for on-site event, with unlimited bonus potential!) Saturday coverage can be discussed in detail during initial steps of the interview process.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to educate participants on products and services
- Passion to create and maintain a positive environment for fellow team member and customers throughout screening events
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record as driving responsibilities of company van are shared among the team
What Life Line Screening can offer you:
- Competitive base pay for travel time, screening events, and bonus opportunities
- Paid time off, Paid holidays
- A 401 (k) plan with employee match program
- Medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plan coverage
- Flex spending account, employee wellness, and critical care and illness plans
- Life Insurance
- STD/LTD and Family Medical Leave
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Courtesy screenings for you and additional family members or friends
Life Line Screening is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. Life Line Screening will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.