PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
We're looking for a skilled and motivated project manager to join our team and help support the execution of PathAI’s scientific projects. In this role, you will help manage a portfolio of translational research and medical device development projects that are critical to the company’s goals. You will collaborate closely with functional team leaders in scientific programs, machine learning, biomedical sciences and product development to plan, track and report project activities and progress. In this role, you will help support the success of high impact projects that are at the leading edge of machine learning, drug development, and biotechnology.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with functional team leaders to develop and manage project goals, timelines, and strategy.
- Track key project milestones and facilitate key decision-making, ensuring timely completion internal and externally-sponsored projects
- Oversee day-to-day technical developments and project progress
- Effectively communicate the status and timelines of projects to key stakeholders and manage cross-functional dependencies to increase project efficiency.
- Organize and record team communication, including meeting agendas, minutes, decision logs and task lists
- Drive the application of project management tools, metrics and documentation to track project timelines and deliverables
- Propose methods for improving the overall efficiency of the project delivery pipeline and work with the appropriate teams to implement solutions
- Collaborate across a range of groups - product, design, front-end, machine learning, business operations, and infrastructure teams
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in engineering, life sciences, or related discipline
- 1-2 years of experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or medical device industries
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, cross-functional team and drive team discussions and decision-making forward
- Intellectual curiosity and comfort in working in a fast-paced start-up environment
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.