At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision and Machine Learning in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's the early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build best in class applications and systems integration components. You will work with a team of advanced image processing researchers and pathologists to advance the state of the art in digital pathology.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Design and build components to integrate with PathAI APIs and technology.
- Write functional specifications, unit tests, clean code and documentation.
- Work closely with researchers, ML engineers, UX designers and product managers.
- Translate complex user requirements into technical specifications and architecture
- Build robust large-scale applications and services, including integration to 3rd party APIs, services and databases.
- Experience in OS systems programming in Rust and/or C++.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience: You have a track record of delivering high-quality, successful systems, with at least 5 years of industry experience.
- Engineering Skills: You have built robust large-scale applications or services, requiring deep system OS integrations. You know your way around Linux systems programming, including concurrency, memory management, socket I/O and performance tuning.
- Education. Generally a bachelor’s degree in CS is helpful but feel free to convince us if you’re the exception.
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Your choice of computer equipment
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies and cold brew coffee and green tea on tap.
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.