About Thirty Madison
There’s not a better time to join Thirty Madison, a fast-growing company with the simple belief that everyone deserves access to specialized healthcare treatment. With a recent Series B raise of $47 million and established healthcare investors like Polaris, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, and Maveron, Thirty Madison is well positioned to continue expanding on their mission. By launching customer-centric brands built around each specific chronic medical condition, we’re able to bring the specialist experience directly into people’s homes with online doctor consultations, treatment delivery, and ongoing support through resources like our symptom trackers.
After launching Keeps, Cove, and Evens in two short years, we're hard at work preparing our next brand to launch. Every time we launch a new brand, we get smarter and better at delivering high-quality healthcare to our customers. We’re constantly learning from our existing brands to strengthen our new brands, rapidly pushing ourselves to improve the customer experience and raise the standard of care our customers receive.
Thirty Madison delivers thousands of prescriptions to customers every day. It’s the Pharmacy Engineering team’s responsibility to invest in the scalability, security, and efficiency of our pharmacy and logistics capabilities. The growth of our company depends on the technology we are building as we look to treat more complex chronic conditions and integrate with exciting healthcare partners. This is your chance to be involved from the ground up.
We’re looking to hire a motivated, senior engineer who is excited to join a fun, collaborative team. Above all, we’re looking for people who are inspired to join us on our mission to reinvent healthcare.
You will get to:
- Join the new Pharmacy Engineering team, within the larger Platform team.
- Lay the groundwork for new, scalable pharmacy delivery services (stack: Node.js, PostgreSQL, GraphQL).
- Work with other team leads to deploy and scale new services that integrate with existing Thirty Madison infrastructure.
- On a daily basis, you’ll develop new features, contribute to important architecture decisions, deploy production services, and collaborate with stakeholders across the company.
- You’ll have plenty of opportunity to grow and take on additional ownership as more engineers join the team.
You must have:
- 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer, primarily developing backend services and APIs.
- Fluency in at least one modern backend framework with a preference for Node.js (or Rails, Python, Go, etc.).
- A commitment to code-quality, testing, security, and documentation.
- Strong, cross-functional communication abilities.
You should have:
- Interest and/or experience developing systems in pharmacy and/or healthcare.
- Willingness to tackle the documentation and security requirements for developing HIPAA-compliant systems.
- Comfort working in a full-stack environment and across multiple platforms (we use Node.js, Rails, React, GraphQL, etc).
- Exposure to modern cloud deployment and CI/CD technologies (so Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, etc).
- Experience with SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL) and data modeling best practices.
- Experience with asynchronous jobs, team-oriented git workflow, instrumenting, monitoring and profiling systems.
How we are managing the COVID pandemic and impact on work/life?
These are unprecedented times and we understand the impact to everyone is different. Our goal from the beginning has always been about employee safety first. We went from optional to mandatory work from home very quickly in March, and we have told employees that they can remain remote for the balance of 2020 to allow them to appropriately plan where they want to live.
We have rolled out a bunch of initiatives to ensure we are helping our team successfully navigate these unchartered waters. This has included money for the home office, medical reimbursements, free Calm meditation/mindfulness app membership, Me Days and Summer Fridays where the whole team is off at once (so no one falls behind), and weekly wrap meetings to “end the week.”
Are we done? No, and that is why we created a Future of the Office Committee to continue to push us to create the right benefits, tools, programs and processes to best support our employees as we continue 100% work from home and for when we eventually start to transition back to the office.
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, 401k, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Unlimited vacation days and annual $1,000 vacation stipend
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.