Solutions Architect (in Professional Services) at Couchbase
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
The goal of a Solutions Architect is to solve the most complex problems for some of the biggest brands in the digital economy. You will work with customers like Ebay, Paypal, United Airlines, Intuit, as well as some of the newest database cloud technologies, to deploy solutions that benefit millions of users every day.
Solutions Architects are not your typical consultants. The successful Solutions Architect at Couchbase will demonstrate skill in managing database technologies and operations while using hands-on development and programming. You will be a great fit for the team if you foster teamwork, are adaptable and creative, and consider yourself a lifelong learner.
Location: This is a remote USA Central/West region role. Preference for candidates to be located in Arizona, Texas, or Colorado areas.
- Lead short / medium term engagements both remote and at the client location focusing on getting the product up and running, conducting architecture and use case reviews, analysis of application code, programming best practices, sizing & tuning Couchbase, and recommending deployment topologies.
- Help our customers succeed by solving their challenging technical problems, all the way from design through to production operations. This means working hands-on with customer issues, and escalating problems as needed.
- Assist with all phases of Couchbase implementations, starting with installation, architecture design and review, application development, deployment topology planning, tuning and providing best practices.
- Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, benchmarking, troubleshooting, documentation, and content creation.
- Collaborate with the sales and presales teams on technical escalations and help grow opportunities in existing accounts.
- Assist with customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution.
- Work with all levels from executives and managers to architects and developers to explain key Couchbase Server concepts and technical recommendations.
- Serve as the technical reference for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape.
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, such as typical deployment architectures or best practices.
- Work with customers to ensure their public cloud infrastructure is properly configured for Couchbase.
- Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting real, end-to-end technical issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely from small to large audiences
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and qualities
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time is required (after COVID is resolved)
Preferred Qualifications (Additional benefit to have, but Not Required skills)
- Familiarity with Couchbase, NoSQL databases, or other distributed high-performance systems
- Technical field experience (overall career experience 8+ years ideally) with experience in consulting for enterprise back-end software
- Hands-on development experience with Java/.NET/C/C++/Node.js
- Experience with traditional RDBMS including schema modeling, performance tuning and configuration
- Hands-on working knowledge of AWS, Azure, GCP and Kubernetes
- Strong background in Application design and development, Systems administration, Database administration, Data architecture and design, Performance tuning and benchmarking
- Hands-on administration and troubleshooting experience with x86 operating systems (Linux, Windows, Mac OS), networking and storage architectures
- Prior experience in a startup environment