Principal Quality Engineer at Couchbase
If your passion is about making systems work better and automate as much as possible, read along. You will fit in right with us if you have a passion for automating complex systems and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Your strongest belief is in collaboration with all of your stakeholders: Product Managers, Engineers, Architects and Customers.
As a Principal Engineer for Couchbase, you will be working on our cutting edge products: Couchbase Server (Key-Value Store, N1QL, Indexing, Search and Analytics), SDK s and Mobile.
We believe the Engagement database is the answer to the demand for high speed, highly available, extremely dynamic data storage and Couchbase is at the forefront of this technology. Working on Couchbase products you ll acquire highly coveted skills, essential to this technology, by navigating the world of NoSQL databases and the "big data" ecosystem. This includes working with functional programming languages like Erlang & Golang, learning about the principles and concepts of distributed systems, understanding what goes into good NoSQL database design, mobile data convergence, and becoming proficient in the best practices for building NoSQL-backed applications.
- You have Tested Infrastructure - highly scalable, highly available and high performance distributed systems/databases.
- You should know OS, storage and distributed systems internals very well.
- Expert level proficiency in C/C++, Java or GoYou can build the next gen test framework using latest technologies and scale existing ones
- Functional System Integration: you can imagine real world use cases and test our products with real time workload.
- General deployment of negative scenarios and Introduce failures.
- You will help us bridge the gap between various Couchbase products: SDK, Mobile and Server.
- You will help us identify the gaps and coverage based on CBSEs(Customer Escalations) and come up with automated solutions.
- You can quickly gain in-depth understanding of the architecture. You will review and design the architecture from quality, stability and performance standpoint.
- Ability to interact and work well with our chief architects, product managers and support engineers.
- We are looking for 15- years of experience . But if you think you are smart enough to scale, feel free to apply.
- You know database internals extremely well.
- You would have done complex integrations and know distributed systems and storage.
- You should be expert with one of these programming languages: Python, C, C++, Java, Erlang, Go.
- You know how to work with development team to improve testability of product
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.