Graduate Software Engineer, Quality Engineering at Couchbase
Did you always want to be part of an exciting Silicon Valley startup developing new technology? Are you passionate about solving difficult problems and creating new features for some of the industry's biggest names? Would you like your contribution to be visible to the world? Couchbase, one of the NoSQL industry leaders, is looking for Software Engineers in Test in our Manchester design centre. If you want to be part of the big-data revolution we may just have what you are looking for....
As a Software Engineer (Quality Engineering), you will learn Couchbase, the world’s leading NOSQL database. In order to test NoSQL database, you will need to design, code and maintain our next generation software SDK frameworks for test. If you love to optimise your code for large scale data, build high concurrency for high throughput, this is an opportunity. You will also be responsible for Jenkins, SDK test infrastructure and release agility issues. You will need to build expertise with Python/ Java/Golang,C/C++/.Net to build automated test frameworks and infrastructure(docker/ansible). You will be part of a great team that is going through some really exciting growth and development.
- Proficiency in coding - either Java, Golang, C/C++, .Net, Python
- Experience with working on large scale enterprise distributed systems or relational/NoSQL databases
- Experience setting up and configuring test environments along with infrastructure as a service including Windows and Linux operating systems, networking and proxies, and client-server tests.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, fanatical attention to detail, and curiosity
- Demonstrated competence and self-motivation in analysing problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science
- If you are about to graduate or just graduated from University, you are encouraged to apply.
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.