Software Engineer-Developer Advocacy at Couchbase
Santa Clara, CA, US
As a Software Developer /Developer Advocate, you’ll participate in the development of tools, frameworks, sample applications, example code, documentation, guided tours, videos, blogs and tutorials to ease the use of Couchbase by developers and customers. You’ll be joining the team that is the voice of Couchbase within the developer communities and an advocate for the developers. You'll drive both the development (70%) and advocacy (30%). As a developer, speaker, blogger and online community member, your work will benefit many passionate developers and help them to successfully develop and deploy their applications on top of Couchbase, both through content and tools/frameworks.
- Create and Promote product-driven developer engagement
- Build tools, frameworks, sample apps, demos, example code
- Build developer eco-system components to enhance developer experience
- Help developers by suggesting technical solutions, troubleshooting issues and map product features to use cases
- Evangelize the adoption of Couchbase Products & Services
- Development of documents, guides, and example applications
- Participate in online developer communities, events , developer conferences.
- Strong coding skills in more than one of these languages : Golang, C/C++ , Java, Python, Node.js
- Prefer 1 to 3 years of software development and QA testing experience
- Hands-on experience with Container frameworks such as Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud technologies
- Experience with distributed systems, high availability and scalability
- Working knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on experience with developer workflows (CI/CD pipelines, Git/Github workflows, GitOps, Github Actions)
- Experience developing and deploying solutions for Linux, macOS, Windows and Cloud environments
- Comfortable with rapid development of sample applications, demos and example code
- Ability to write technical documentation, blogs and tutorials
- Good public speaking skills and comfortable presenting to technical audiences
Couchbase Server is perhaps the world’s most complete, most scalable and best performing NoSQL database. It is based on a shared-nothing architecture, with true auto-sharding and simple, elastic cluster administration. It features fast in-memory indexes, materialized map-reduce views and a rich query language (N1QL) that provides SQL-like power over a flexible JSON-based document model. Couchbase Mobile is a NoSQL database solution that delivers the full power and flexibility of NoSQL to mobile. It's engineered to provide fast and consistent access to your data, with or without a network connection, removing the network dependency that traditional service-based approaches require.
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.